Chapter 18: Change of Heart

Start from the beginning

I raised an eyebrow. "You can fly?" I asked sceptical. Aquasis was not known for its gift of flight.

She laughed at the expression on my face. "Well no, but I could make us float in the water." She explained. "Above as well, we can call that flying.

My head turned sideways. "How?" I was a big man in both human and dragon standards. She was much smaller than me and an Aquasi couldn't transform into mythical creatures. Therefore, there was no way she could lift my powers are not.

She gave a mischievous wink. "You'll see when we get there" She teased.

"You're not going to try to drown me, are you?" I joked.

"Depends on your behaviour tomorrow." She quipped. "As for tonight, I'm beat so let's eat and sleep." She yawned. We finally made it to the car and I couldn't wait to get home.

"You promised me something else." I reminded her, as we got in the car.

Her brows furrowed. "What did I promise?" She questioned confused.

I smiled. "A ride."

Her face continued to screw up in confusion. "What ride?" She asked herself. She arched an eyebrow before looking away shyly. "Yes, that too but after we eat and everything. We've been out all day." She mumbled.

"You're killing me." I groaned. I wanted nothing but to wrap my hands around her and continue what we had begun this morning.

I started to the car and made our way back to the house. She pouted, leaning back into the seat. "I wanted it for two months and again after our first time, but you refused. So you can wait for an hour top." She countered. 

I choked on air before bursting out laughing. "You're going to hold that over me?" She nodded her head, with a little smile. We drove to the house in mostly silence, with a few moments of pointless chatter.

"I'm not sure what to cook today. You haven't bought groceries yet, so there's not much in the fridge." She said as we entered our home. One thing she loved doing was cooking, but it was already late. 

"How about we go out tonight, for dinner," I suggested, shocking myself as the words came out of my mouth.

She gasped. "Are you taking me on a date Braxton?" She sang, winking. 

I couldn't help but smile at her playful behaviour. We did a complete 360 in a matter of a few hours. The hours of talking in the sky made me feel much closer to her. "If eating dinner is a date then yes." I conceded.

She squealed, doing a little jump. "Let me get ready." She gushed. "You have to dress nice too."

"We're not going anywhere fancy." I pointed out.

She waved me off. "I don't care." She retorted. running up the stairs like an eager kid. "Use the shower in my room. I like yours better." With a large breath, I followed her upstairs to get ready.

What the hell did I just sign up to?

I stood at the bottom of the stairs case, wearing a white button-down shirt and black slacks. It was the nicest thing I owned so it would have to do 

"I'm ready." I heard her call out from above. My jaw dropped as I let my eyes slide over her body. Completely stunned. Somehow she managed to look even sexier clothed. The black dress was God's gift of a perfect body such as hers. The way it hugged her curves, showing all her best features. The black heels made her legs look model-worthy Her curly black hair fell in soft layers around her bare shoulders. The blue necklace Florence gave her wrapped around her neck. Best of all was the shy smile on her face as she stepped down the stairs.