Chapter 38

Smile!

Y/n's Pov:

We have to perform in 20 minutes and Midoriya still isn't here.

"Can anyone get a hold of him?" Ochaco asked. Kirishima raised his phone. "Straight to voicemail."

I saw Jirou panicking in the corner. Momo and Kaminari went over to try and reassure her.

Everyone else just tried to keep preparing to start even though some of us were getting a little worried.

Katsuki came over to me. "Nerd better hurry up before I leave." I elbowed him playfully. "You leave and I'll kick your ass."

He laughed and smiled at me. "You gonna be okay?" I looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"I know you haven't played since the hag." I nodded. "I will be." He kissed me and went to go finish setting up.

The doors busted open with a panting Midoriya. "Dude where have you been?! We've been worried sick!"

He apologized and ran to go get changed. Jeez.

I went over to Jirou who was talking to Kaminari. They seemed extremely close.

"Hey, you ready?" She looked over at me. "Oh yeah, I'm ready." Kaminari kept smiling at her.

"Oh, Y/n so I was thinking." I looked at her confused. "Maybe you could sing a verse."

I laughed. "No." She begged me. "Come on. Just one please!" I sighed. "I don't want to steal your thunder."

"Well, then can I share it." She smiled at me. "Maybe I'll think about it."

"Everyone to your places!"

I could see the crowd of students.

Cheering for us. I could see Mirio and Eri in the crowd as well. We only have one goal today.

The lights dimmed. "Our sound is gonna kill you!" An explosion started the beat.

We started to play and the dancer started to dance. The lights kept flashing. And Jirou's singing traveled around the room.

The lasers started and Midoriya left the stage.

The rest of the effects came out. The sound of their cheers were getting to me. I looked over at Jirou, she was shaking a bit.

Jesus Jirou.

"Hero too. I am a hero too." The lights were bright. I could feel the warmth on my skin.

"My heart is set and I won't back down
Hero too, strength doesn't make a hero!" I could feel the eyes of everyone but I wasn't uncomfortable.

I was...

"True heroes stand up for what they believe!"

I was okay.

Jirou joined in and the cheers were louder. Everything was louder. And it was amazing.

I looked through the crowd and I saw it. Midoriya, Mirio, dad, pops, we did it.

She's smiling!

"Now it's my turn to be the one to make you smile!"

The music came to an end. But the cheers didn't stop.

After the performance, we started cleaning up the ice and streamers.

I carried a bucket to Sato when I saw Eri and Mirio come back into the gym. I went over to them.