Chapter 4

Quirk Assessment Test?!

Y/n's Pov:

It's the first day and I already regret getting up this morning.

"What? A quirk assessment test?"

Everyone was shocked when they heard they were gonna do a test.

But I'm not, this is typical Eraser behavior.

"But orientation! We're gonna miss it!" It was the brown-haired girl, the one at the entrance exam. So she's in this class as well.

"If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste your time on pointless ceremonies."

He's a jackass but he's right. We need to start training, that's why we're here.

"Bakugo, you manage to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance throw with a softball when you were in Junior high?"

He spoke up. "Sixty-seven meters, I think." So his name is Bakugo, how interesting.

"Right, try doing that with your quirk."

Bakugo got ready to throw the ball. "DIE!" He threw the ball, a huge gust of wind blew, and it went flying in the air.

Eraser showed everyone his phone, it read '705.2 meters'.

What a great performance, this is honestly giving me chills. My classmates gasped, some couldn't believe it, others thought it was fun.

I just waited for the twist.

"So this looks fun huh? You have 3 years to become a hero. You think it's gonna be games and playtime? Idiots."

Here it comes.

"Today you'll compete in 8 physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."

And there it is. It's just as I suspected.

"You can't just send one of us home! I mean, we just got here! Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!" I can tell some of them were nervous.

No one wants to go home.

"Oh, and you think natural disasters are? Or power-hungry villains? Hm? Or catastrophic accidents that wipe out whole cities? No, the world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to try to combat that unfairness."

I took in all that he said. I hate to admit but he's completely right. I looked at everyone, they seemed to not get it.

For some reason that pushed my buttons.

"He's right you know."

Everyone turned to look at me. They were kinda shocked at my sudden outburst.

"He could send us all home right here, right now. But no, he's giving us a chance to prove ourselves. To prove we're serious about becoming heroes."

I looked at everyone.

"That counts for something. So you should stop complaining and show him you do have what it takes."