[18] Hurt

C H A P T E R  E I G H T E E N !Hurt

C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N !
Hurt

"Mercy, door!"

The teen werecoyote cocked her brow instantly. She wasn't expecting or invited over any company, and Dallas was out of town. As she walks out of her room into the kitchen, where the front door connects. Much to her dismay, there was Scott.

"McCall." She spoke sparsely. "I would say come in but my room's a mess. We can go on the back porch."

Scott nods, following Mercy, as she walks out the door and heads towards the back of her family ranch. As soon as she sits down on the swinging chair, words fill her ears. "I'm sorry."  Scott mumbles. "I should have never kissed you. I don't know why I did I just felt so miserable that Allison was avoiding me, so I felt relieved by the first girl who didn't."

"I forgive you." Mercy replied softly. "Are you sure?" Scott asks, his voice heavy. "Mercy you're my best friend too. I don't ever want to do anything like that to make you feel uncomfortable ever again."

Scott considered Mercy his best friend. Sure, she saw Scott that way, but she never knew he felt the same way. It made her... happy. "You are my best friend too Scott. It's okay I promise. I'm pretty sure there's going to be moments in time where you hate me because I did something to you. I would be cruel not to forgive you." Mercy assured.

"How could I ever hate you?" Scott asked, almost laughing. "You knew I was a werewolf, and you still were my friend. You barely even knew me." He spoke. Mercy shrugged. "How could I not, Scott. Sure, I was pissed but... after all I'm part wolf too."

For the first time since Scott and Mercy became friends. They saw each other in a different light. Not romantically, but as if their souls were meant to meet, to better each other. "I love you." Scott all but blurted. The silence afterwards was not awkward but aware.

"I think I love you too."

•••

"Faster?"

"Much faster."

"That's what she said."

The two boys that were in the jeep, currently engaged in a car chase turned to Mercy shaking their heads in disappointment. "Not the time, Merce."

Scott then slammed his foot down on the gas, although it wasn't even close enough to how fast he needed to be going to outrun Kate Argent, aka Allison's psycho auntie, aka hunter.

"McCall.." Mercy started in annoyance. "I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase, here..."

Scott looked over at her anxiously, before turning his eyes back to the road. "If I go faster, I'll kill us!"

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles shouted, exasperatedly.

Not even moments later, Kate and her soldiers sped off causing the three teens to pant heavily. "They're gone."