[03] From The Vein

C H A P T E R  T H R E E !From the Vein

C H A P T E R T H R E E !
From the Vein

Mercy hadn't told her dad that the practice was over.

Instead? She was sneaking around to hang around the preserve.

Since being released from Eichen she realized she wasn't as in control of herself as she'd initially thought. They were in control. She couldn't exactly wolf out in her backyard, since her dad was always looking out there, and didn't have a single clue what she was. So, she decided to enjoy the fresh air, hoping to find a secluded area where she could cool down for a couple of minutes before going home.

She had just crossed the creek in the nature preserve as she began walking to the right, looking up at the sky, as she ran a hand along a large tree. Her foot accidently gets caught in the water, making her sigh, as she took her foot out quickly, shaking her boot frantically. Leather and water weren't exactly a great mixture after all.

She heard her phone buzz in her pocket, making her take it out of her jacket pocket as she continued walking aimlessly. It was Allison.

She, Allison and Lydia had exchanged numbers before leaving after practice, since Lydia insisted they would be spending a lot of time together. Allison had informed Mercy that she was driving, as she had to make a few stops, and asked what Mercy was doing.

She replied, simply with "Taking a walk." before shutting off her phone screen and shoving it back into her pocket, Suddenly, Mercy hears distinct voices in the distance.

"I saw the body, the deer came running.." One of the voices-- a boy? said. She couldn't hear clearly, or make out their distinctive voices since she wasn't exactly experienced with it, and was only getting snippets of the conversation.

As she kept walking, her foot crunched a few dead patches of grass every now and then, before a loud branch suddenly snapped making her whip around. There was nothing behind her, but as she continued walking backwards, she bumped into a rough figure.

"Hey!"

"Mercy?"

"Stilinski?" she sputtered in confusion, taking him in, before her eyes flicked to the figure beside him, Scott. "What the hell are you two doing out in the woods?" she asked, backing out of Stiles' space. "We could ask you the same question." Stiles replied, raising a brow. "I wouldn't answer." Mercy retorted. "Right. Well, this is my friend, Scott McCall." Stiles introduced.

"Oh, I know." Mercy nodded. "He's the boy who gave Jackson a run for his money. Nice to be in your presence, your highness."

Scott looked stunned. "It was a joke, McCall." Mercy sighed. "God, have you two never been approached by women?"