[02] Beacon Hills High

C H A P T E R  T W O !Beacon Hills High

Beacon Hills High

Spring break went by quicker than Eichen house orderlies when a brawl broke out in the common area.

The five days after Mercy had been released leading up to her first day of real high school seemed to be nonexistent.

One minute she was bra shopping with her dad (much to her own embarrassment), cruising through Bath and Body Works, showing her proof of vaccination to the front desk woman at the local highschool and cleaning at the video store's rom-com isle, but next? The loud sound of her new cellphone's alarm was blaring in her ears, causing her to jerk up suddenly as she groaned.

"Five more minutes." she begged no one in particular.

"Mercy! School!"

Mercy groaned loudly. "I'm coming!"

The teen pushed the comforter set off of her body, dragging herself out of bed with a heavy sigh. She trudged out of the bedroom, making her way towards the bathroom slowly. Turning on the sink, Mercy looked in the mirror, taking in her appearance. Her hair was a crazy mess, and her tank top was hanging off one shoulder.

She brushed her teeth and washed her face quickly, before opening up the cabinet, pulling out a bottle of dry shampoo, shaking a good amount out onto her hands before applying it throughout her hair.

After she finished, she walked back to her room, opening the door to her closet as she looked through it in anticipation. She decided on a dark red tank-top with four white buttons, a shrill kind of thing going on at the top. as well as a pair of black leggings and some brown boots.

She grabbed the bag her father had gotten her, it was a crossbody but she'd prefer to just wear it on her shoulder, and her cellphone. She'd never had a cellphone before.

After taking a final look at herself in the vanity, Mercy exited her bedroom, shutting the door behind her as she headed to the kitchen. "Avocado toast. My favorite."

She didn't really get a variety of food at the asylum, but before she went away, her, Malia and Kylie would eat is as a snack, always topping it off with Everything Bagel seasoning.

"Yup. Seasoned and all. Let's get going though kiddo, don't wanna be late on the first day." Henry chuckled, grabbing his coat off the back of the chair.

"Mmhh." Mercy tried, her mouth now full with a piece of toast, so she chewed it quickly, swallowing as she gave a thumbs up.

She couldn't drive herself to school just yet, seeing as she didn't have a car.. or learners permit. So Henry was driving her.

The two made their way to the car, Mercy swinging open the door, and catching her reflection in the passenger side mirror for a faint second.

She looked nice she thought. Hopefully other people would to.