[11] Self-Control

C H A P T E R  E L E V E N !Self-Control

C H A P T E R E L E V E N !
Self-Control

After the events of last night, Mercy was having a hard time focusing. So much so, that she didn't even notice Scott in front of her, until he grabbed her by the wast to stop her from walking into a group of students.

"Mercy?"

"McCall." She said breathing out, "Sorry I didn't see you."

"I can tell." Scott laughed. "I was texting you all last night." Mercy remembered. "About the video."

Scott nodded. "I saw. Derek broke my phone." He explained, a look of annoyance still present just thinking about it.

Mercy furrowed her brow in confusion, looking at her friend. "Why?"

"I don't know." Scott sighs. "He called it training. Said I need to stay away from Allison."

"I think thats bullshit." Mercy says a little too loudly, causing teachers to turn their heads, Scott puts a hand over her mouth, turning them so that she's out of teachers eyes.

"Sorry." she realizes, when Scott brings his hand down. "That stuff gets you detention here. You can't afford detention right now." he sighs.

"But he's right though, she is a distraction. I-I can't concentrate, I can't think straight when i'm around her." Scott explained. "And trust me, she is literally all that's on my mind." He added shrugging.

"I don't know if me and Stilinski should be hurt or in awe." Mercy jokes, rolling her eyes. "I think it's cute. I don't have very much- or any, experience in the love department. But first loves are always the big one."

"The love of your life could be right in front of you." Scott suggested, as he and Mercy began to walk. "You're right in front of me." She reminded him.

"Well then they could be around the corner." Scott corrected, as they turned. Sure enough, there was Stiles.

When he caught glimpse of Scott and Mercy- but mostly Scott, he scoffed, making his way into the classroom without so much as a nod.

Mercy rolled on her heels as Scott turned to her. "That went well."

***

Scott and Mercy were sitting in the back of class conversing. Stiles was in front of them, and hadn't turned around in effort to say a word to either of them all day.

Mercy knew Stiles wasn't pissed at her- but rather Scott, but she wasn't going to just stop talking to him because of it. It wasn't his fault.