[13] Night School

C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N !Night School

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N !
Night School

Mercy was lying in her bed, reading The Giver, and texting Misha, who she had given her number too during their time in the computer lab.

They were talking about the book, and a couple of other things too. Mercy smiled, glad to have something normal in her life that didn't involve Eichen House, werewolves or anything Scott and Stiles related.

She was decidedly getting hungry, and sat up, ready to roll off the bed and go to the kitchen for a midnight snack, when an ear-shattering howl rang through her ears.

"Ah!" She all but screamed, covering her ears quick quickly, although that did absolutely nothing to block it out.

She rolled off her bed, gripping the frame for support as her eyes flickered to a golden yellow. As the howl rang on, Mercy's brow furrowed, the words tumbling out of her lips before she knew what she was saying.

"Scott?"

She didn't know how, but she knew that it was him. What she didn't know, however, was if he hurt or not.

Her question was answered, apparently, when her phone dinged from her bed.

She snatched it up, unlocking the screen as she read the text message she had just received.

Unknown: Come to the school now. URGENT. Stiles and I are in trouble.

"Crap!" Mercy exclaimed.

The message had to be from Scott, considering he was the only other friend Stiles had, and the only other person who would think to memorize her number by heart.

Plus, his phone was broken, so it made sense.

Mercy grabbed her jacket, and boots quickly, before she realized her dilemma.

Part of the appeal of living on a Ranch is seclusion. Which means there is no way she could walk (or run) to the school and make it in time to help Scott and Stiles, even in wolf form.

Plus, she couldn't exactly turn into a wolf, seeing as if Scott and Stiles were in trouble, it probably had something to do with the Alpha, who would undoubtedly take advantage of her wolf state.

She couldn't ask Dallas to take her either, seeing as the vampire had been spending a lot of time away lately, and was oddly secretive.

That left one last resort. To drive to the school.

Mercy couldn't drive, she was yet to get her learner's permit in fact.