Chapter 35: Reason of Loving.

Start from the beginning

I embarrassingly waved my hand in dismissal. "Father that was like-!" I try to recall how many years it has been. "I didn't know three years ago?! Spare me the humiliation! I was only thirteen!"

"Please don't act like you didn't enjoy getting a bruise or two that day. If I recall correctly after that I heard from the orphanage you kept on clinging to Rose like some lost toddler begging for attention-" (Baron Hills) kept talking about my horrible secrets so I immediately took this opportunity to strike while he was distracted but alas father never lets his guard down.

He moves the gauntlet to meet my two sharp blades. "I seem to have struck a nerve?" (Baron Hills) teases holding down my two swords.

"Ugh! Why do you always have to bring her up every time we train?!" I yelled, twisting my blades, kicking father in the stomach but he managed to dodge that one as well. "This is some personal attack on your child."

Father laughs, letting go of both of my swords in my hand, the water armor on his hands still intact. "Talking about her somehow lowers your guard down." (Baron Hills) raises his fists again, punching the air surrounding me. I lazily dodged all of his punches.

If this was thirteen year old me I'd definitely get hit on every single one.

However, after doing more than a thousand pushups- a thousand sit ups- and running over a hundred kilometers everyday- actually I just trained like crazy including running up to two mountains building up my stamina.

I've gotten taller for my age at sixteen having a height of 5'7. Even taller than Rose and she's two years older than me and she's 5'4.

I tease her everyday about her height whenever I visit her. I have gotten busier but I never failed to visit her every week at the orphanage following a small stroll to the place we first met.

The color changing tree.

"Whatever is going on your mind- I see you getting distracted again Kein!" (Baron Hills)

Ah shit! I quickly pulled my sword up front gritting my teeth to somehow lessen the impact of the punch but I lost. He managed to land a blow on my face, the magic disappearing from his hands turning into a normal punch but it was a hard one.

My right cheek was swollen, my body falling down into the floor. "Damn no mercy huh." I muttered to myself holding my painful cheek still smiling even after the punch.

Baron Hills laughs, "As your father. I would teach you there would be no mercy for you in the battlefield. My fists are one thing but a monster's claws are sharper and never dull."

Father offered his hand for me to grab and I accepted it gratefully. I held my cheek groaning in a slight tinge of pain. "Uwah this is going to take a while to heal." I complained and my father just rolled his eyes.

"Please I know you're only using this training to get spoiled by you know who." (Baron Hills)

I smile happily while having my ears turn red. "Maybe~ Speaking of which I certainly need healing! I'm going to go visit the orphanage again, you know-! See if things are alright?" I told him I couldn't hide my excitement but from the looks of it he already knows the reason.