Tyron could tell that she had accepted an intermediary fee, and the urge to laugh increased. He spoke again, “It’s too tiring for you to be in the middle. I’ll negotiate this matter myself.”

Pei Ying said quickly, “No, no. Brother, I’m not tired at all! You’re already ill, just let me handle these things.”

The corner of Tyron’s mouth curved slightly. “I see. Send the contract for me to look over tomorrow then.”

Pei Rong had never lied to his younger sister before, so Pei Ying immediately relaxed.

Pei Ying finally began to inquire about Pei Rong’s well-being, but after a couple sentences, she pretended that she had to go catch up with work. She said goodbye and left with an overjoyed expression.

.

—One million. And she wanted half a million?

Tyron returned to the virtual world and opened up Lu Chaofan’s personal page once again.

After looking at it for a while, Tyron touched his chin and showed an evil smile.

“This business is not bad.”

.

Half an hour later, Tyron registered a new mailbox address and wrote to Lu Chaofan’s public mailbox, declaring himself to be #419 and attaching the league’s official identity card.

Before long, Lu Chaofan wrote back and asked him to meet at a virtual restaurant.

Judging from the speed of his reply and how quickly he set up the appointment, Tyron could guess that he was probably particularly anxious now. He hadn’t been able to get in contact with #419 for a long time, and they were already about to compete.

Tyron didn’t stand him up. He was very much at ease as he went to the appointed place.

.

Less than half an hour later, the two of them met in a private room. Because it was the virtual world, it was guaranteed that their conversation would not be overheard nor recorded.

After sitting down, Lu Chaofan was indeed very anxious. He immediately began to explain the contract that they were about to sign in detail.

“As we previously agreed, it’s a total of three million.” Lu Chaofan continued, “Five hundred thousand as deposit, and the rest will be given to you after the competition.”

Three million. Pei Ying was really fierce. She had cut it down to one million before even telling him about it, and then tried to take another half after that. She only planned to leave one sixth of the total for her older brother.

Tyron curled his lips up and there was a faint smile on his face as he inquired, “When have we talked about this?”

Lu Chaofan became anxious. “You can’t deny this. Your little sister agreed to it yesterday!”

Tyron drank a sip of water and said, “You were cheated. I don’t have a younger sister.”

Lu Chaofan: “...”