Doctors house ...

Just before leaving Prem wanted to phone home to let his mother know that he is alive. He asked the doctor if he could use his phone and then dialed the number slowly as he was feeling a bit nervous. On the other side Roli was already home the next day after she was admitted as it was only a fever and got better quickly. She was sitting in the living room reading a book when the phone on the table next to her started to ring.

She picked it up and said "hello?" Prem immediately recognised her voice and was confused as to why Roli was in his house. Then Prem spoke to her with a deep voice so she doesnt recognise his voice. "Could i speak to Mrs Bardwarj (Prems mum) please" Prem said. "Sorry she doesnt live here anymore .. so please dont call here again .. i dont want to hear that name in this house again" Roli replied and then put the phone down disconnecting it.

Prem was shocked on hearing this and then gave the phone back to the doctor. The doctor asked him what happened and he told him what Roli said. Prem had a feeling that something was not right and so wanted to know what had happened to his house and his family while he was in hospital. As Prem could not go home like this the doctor told him to go home with him and live with him for a few days as his son.

Prem agreed and they both headed towards the doctors house. Once they reached the doctors house, the doctor showed Prem around the house and showed him his bedroom. The room was nicely decorated and there were pictures on the wall of a young man who must have been his age. "This is my sons room.." the doctor said ".. you can use it for as long as you like."

"Where is your son?" Prem asked. The doctor sat on the bed and took a deep breath. Prem saw him worried and sat on the floor next to his legs and asked again but this time in a calm voice. "Hes dead!" The doctor said ".. he died just over a year ago and left me feeling lonely for my whole life." Then the doctor put his hands on his eyes and started to cry slowly.

Prem got up from the floor and sat on the bed next to the doctor. "Who said you are alone now .. aint i your son aswell?" Prem said. The doctor put his hands down and looked at Prem and smiled "yes my boy .. now you are my son and i am no longer alone." Then Prem put his head on the doctors shoulder and held his hands tight.

Then the doctor wiped his tears and got up "quickly freshen up and come downstairs .. ill make you some food" he said. Prem nodded his head and went to the bathroom and then the doctor went downstairs to prepare the food.