Chapter 35

Finally, the last chapter of the book. I can't believe we've reached here!

.

.

.

I couldn't believe that I'd told her the only thing I was saving for later. I should have listened to her properly.

I shouldn't have procrastinated about telling her the truth.

Looking at her now, she definitely didn't take it well and ran straight up to her room. I called out to her but she didn't listen to me. I ran after her as I felt really guilty for my deeds. I was hoping she doesn't inflict any injury on herself. After all, anyone could if they got to know.. that their partner was.. cheating on them.

By the time I reached her room, she shut it. I banged on her door to let me in but she didn't open it. Moreover, I couldn't hear anything from the inside. It freaked me out!! I hope she's fine.

I kept yelling at her to open the door but she didn't. Finally, I gave up on all the hope and decided to break the door. I gathered all the strength and barged right into the door. It fell on the ground with a loud thud. I went inside and looked around the room but she was nowhere to be found. I called out to her but heard nothing in return. I checked the windows but they were shut, which meant she didn't jump out of the window.

I strode towards the washroom and tried to open it. On twisting the knob, I got to know that it was locked from inside.

"I know you're in there!! Please don't run away from me! I said I'm sorry!!", I banged on the washroom door.

She was giving me the silent treatment again but this time, I heard her weeping. I knew she was broken beyond repair and I was the reason behind it. It made me wanna crawl to her and hold her in my arms, so that I could be there for her in her hard times.

I remembered she was there for me when I needed her the most so it was all the more important for me to be by her side when she needed to be comforted. Finally, I decided to stay right outside the door until she comes out of it. I sat there for hours, not knowing what to do. I was thinking about all the things that happened tonight and how they could have been avoided if I wasn't dumb enough to hurt her.

I was a jerk to hurt someone who loved me so much.

Yes, love.

She didn't say anything but I realized that she had fallen for me. Even that was my mistake!!!

I shouldn't have gone closer to her. I shouldn't have touched her the way I did. I knew she got false hopes and that's what made it worse. No wonder she's so hurt and angry at me.

Gradually, tiredness overwhelmed me and I slipped into deep slumber

.

.