Chapter 24

.

.

I walked up to our apartment and knocked on the door.

No body answered.

I looked at my watch. Katty should be at home. It's still not time for her to leave. However, dad must have left. I was about to knock again when the door opened.

Standing right in front of me was the girl who was responsible for ruining my life. Not only was she smiling at me, but also embraced me.

"Jenny, I'm so glad you came. How are you?", she said as she parted. I didn't understand her attitude? Was she really happy to see me or was it just a pretense? "Come in, it's still your house, even though you're married now!", she chuckled.

"Thank you very much for reminding me that I'm married now, to your boyfriend, oops! I mean your ex-boyfriend", I said as I folded my hands on my chest with a smirk on my face. She growled at my comment because, let's face it. If she could be so happy after doing what she did, I have my own ways to make her realize what she has lost. "Anyways, I'm not here to waste my time with you. Where's Katty?", I asked.

"It's not even been a day and you've already forget what it is today?", she taunted me. "Very bad, Jenny! Didn't expect this from you", she said as she turned around to leave. That's when I remembered

"There are a lot of things we don't expect but they happen", I said as I walked towards her with pitiful expression. "You're the best example for that situation now, aren't you? Because instead of feeling remorseful, you're happy to see your love being married to me!", I said when she narrowed her eyes at me. She was about to say something when I cut her off. "Don't even try to outsmart me! I've known you long enough. There will come a time when you'll realize what you've lost", with that said, I shoved her away and went up to my room. I collected whatever was required and left the house.

 I collected whatever was required and left the house

.

.

.

After meeting Arnie at the college, we went out to spend some time. We had dinner, then she left as it was getting late. I didn't want to go back to that big prison with no people so I roamed around. I went to a park which was near Ryan's place. I sat there alone for some time, thinking about the conversation I had with Savvy.

She spoke to me as if nothing had happened. Had she forgotten what she did yesterday? How can she be so audacious that too when she's at fault?

My mind then drifted towards Ryan as I replayed the whole wedding scene in my mind. None of us were happy. Until yesterday morning, I was preparing my sister for the wedding and look where it brought me. Here I was, sitting alone on the bench, because, after all, it's me who got hitched!

I didn't even realize how long I sat there until, I saw my watch. It was going to be 11 at night.

Ryan would be home by now and must have dozed off as well. It was the right time to go back home. I stood up and gathered all my stuff from the bench.