Chapter 16

Two best friends sharing everything with each other.

.

.

By the time we reached home, it was already past midnight. Everyone enjoyed the dinner at Williams. However, Savvy only enjoyed the first half of it, after that she interacted less but made sure that nobody noticed her change in the mood. I wanted to ask her but we never got the privacy. I don't know if Ryan noticed or not as he was way too happy to hear about his wedding date and planning.

When we reached home, she looked exhausted so I decided to keep the interrogation for the next day. Apart from that, I had a breaking news, for Arnie. She'll be shocked to know the reality behind Harry William. Who knew Harry would have such a connection!

.

.

.

The next morning, I got ready early because I had to do a lot of things. You can say that my schedule was absolutely packed. Once I was done getting ready, I headed for my sissys room. She must be getting ready, too. I opened the door of her room, only to find it empty.

She must be in the washroom.

"Savv??? You in there?", I knocked on the door.

No reply.

"I'm coming in!", I warned.

No response.

I barged into the washroom but it was vacant. Moreover, it was absolutely dry, hinting that she must have showered early or didn't shower at all.

Strange!

Where did she go?

I went down in the hall where mom and dad were having a hearty breakfast. Savvy wasn't there as well. If she's not in her room, washroom or here then where could she go? As far as I remember, she didn't look well yesterday. I hope it's nothing related to that.

"Earth to Jenny!", dad called me. "Come fast otherwise you'll be late for college", he said pointing to the breakfast.

"Dad, where's Savvy?", I asked.

"She left early today. She has only a month to prepare for her big day!", Katty answered.

"Wedding preparations? That too this early?", I raised my brows.

"Of course not! The designer event.", she said.

Oh!

"Woi d'ya ask?", dad's voice was muffled as he tried stuffing all the pancakes in one go.

"Just like that. It's weird not to see her on the dining table with us", I pursed my lips and sat down to have breakfast.

"You better get used to that, honey. We don't have much time left with her. Soon she'll be gone and then we'll have to get used to seeing only three people here", dad said. On hearing this, mom's eyes welled up.

Uh-oh! Katty can be so cute sometimes.

I know she'll be the worst affected as Savvy is closest to her. She'll have no one to team up with against dad and I. I stood up and went to her to embrace her in a warm bear hug. She rubbed my forearm while getting emotional all over again. I soothed her while dad, too, gave an emotional smile. The look on his face gave away to his wet eyes.

 The look on his face gave away to his wet eyes