Chapter 17

The baffled girl who's still searching for answers, Savvy.

.

.

.

Somehow I managed to convince Arnie that they hadn't spent enough time with each other to know about their families and relatives otherwise I knew she would have bombarded Harry with all sorts of questions, mostly accusations. I knew she loved Harry a lot and so did he. I didn't even know if it was my place to tell her about him but she's my best friend. We share everything.

I came home, dumped my bag on the ground and headed towards kitchen. I was really hungry. No one was at home as dad had exhausted his holidays. Katty and Savvy were, as usual, at work so they won't be home until evening. I decided to make a sandwich for myself and get to work.

I took the sandwich and went to my room. After eating, I hoped into the shower to dust of all the impurities of the day. I came out and changed into sweats and crashed on the bed. I didn't even realize when I fell into deep slumber.

.

.

.

My sleep was disturbed when I heard some noise. I peeked from under the blanket when I noticed my closet wide open. I uncovered myself and sat up straight.

"What are you rummaging through, Savv?", I asked as I sat up straight on the bed.

"I'm just looking for a trench", she replied without sparing me a glance.

"It's on the left side", I said before she could ruin my nicely arranged closet.

"Gotcha! Thanks!", she said and headed to the door when I stopped her.

"Hey! Savv, I have to talk to you", I said. She turned around and raise a brow at me in question. "Come here", I patted the place next to me.

"Jenny, I'm really busy so if it's not important then I'll come later", she said as she was about to leave.

"Savvy! It's urgent!", I said getting up from the bed. She huffed and turned to me again and slouched.

"What is it?", she asked. I grabbed her hand and made her sit on the bed.

"What I want to talk about is very important. Now tell me what's on your mind", I asked.

"What?", She narrowed her eyes at me. "What do you mean by that?"

"Is the same thing still lingering on your mind which upset you yesterday?", I asked as I leaned forward. She looked at me in disbelief.

"You noticed?", she asked with eyes wide open as if she didn't trust me to know her.

"Of course, I did! Anyone would have noticed the way your expressions changed from content to despair", I shrugged my shoulders

"Of course, I did! Anyone would have noticed the way your expressions changed from content to despair", I shrugged my shoulders. She shifted her gaze towards the window and then back at me. I nudged her to tell me the reason. She stood up from the bed and walked towards the window.