Chapter 33

We're very close to the end of this book. So, stay tuned as the end of this is going to shake you up.

.

.

.

My choice? That's what she thinks it's about? Her choice??? She's lost it! Totally lost it!

"Savvy, have you gone crazy? Why are you trying to be the other woman to your sister's husband?", Dad tried to knock some sense in her.

She flipped her hair as if it meant nothing to her.

"What if he doesn't even consider himself her husband?", she shrugged.

I failed to understand her. What was she being so proud of? Some kind of grandeurs delusion?

But then I thought, what am I even fighting for?

When he himself chose Savvy over me then what is left to fight for? Hasn't he already declared his choice?

My heart broke when this realization settled in.

IT'S OVER!

"Dad..", I grabbed his arm. "She's right. He doesn't even consider me his wife then what are we fighting for over here? Isn't it already clear what he really wants?", I shook my head.

"But, Jenny", dad got interrupted by a someone standing at the door.

It was none other than Ryan William. He stood there at the door, watching everything unfold in front of him. His face was full of remorse, guilt and anger?

How long has he been standing there?

"Ryan..?", Dad was the first one to break the silence.

He ignored dad and walked up to me. He stood right in front of me while his eyes bore into mine. He stared at me with hurt flickering in his eyes.

"Jennifer, is that what you think of me? That I never considered you as my wife? That I didn't take this relationship seriously?", he asked me with shock and hurt plastering his face.

"Ryan, did you consider-", Savvy tried to interrupt but Ryan raised his hand, gesturing her to be quiet while he focused all his attention at me.

"Say? You think so low of me?", he titled his head to look straight into my eyes.

"You..You've already stooped down low enough.. that now it doesn't matter what I think of you!", I mustered up the strength to come up with a retort.

His lips parted a little as if wanting to say something but nothing came out. He then straightened himself and nodded with pursed lips.

"I think.. then there's nothing to talk about, isn't it?", he said backing away from me. He stood right beside Savvy while reaching for her hand. He interlinked their hands and looked straight into my eyes as if challenging me. Then he turned around to face dad.