Chapter 27

.

.

.

To say that he itinerary that Kimberly sent me was small, would be an understatement of the year. She listed at least 20 things for me to do just in half a day!! How was I supposed to do all that and not look tired at my own reception? Was it even humanly possible to complete all the tasks? Thank God I had Arnie with me. She was a Fairy Godmother in disguise as she almost completed half of the things that were there on the list.

I wonder why Kimberly made so many appointments for me, that too at the most expensive stores? She still hates me, doesn't she?

By the time, I was done getting ready, Ryan pulled over in front of the huge showroom-type-salon. I heard a knock on the door of the private room that was booked for me. A lady walked in, informing me about Ryan.

I instantly got up as I was done being with everyone around me.

Jeezz!! They took almost 4 hours to paint the new me. I didn't even bother to look at my finished self in the mirror because, honestly speaking, I knew it wasn't me that I'd be looking at. It had to be some alien so I avoided looking at myself.

I stepped outside, instantly regretting not bringing my coat along with me. It was freezing and to top that, I was wearing a strapless gown. The chauffer extended his hand and I took it as he guided me inside the world's largest Limo to exist. Ryan was already inside when I entered. He was busy talking to someone on call that he didn't even spare me a glance. Even I didn't bother to say anything. Let him be busy for all I care. Even if he looks at me, he'll just make fun of me for looking like someone else.

.

.

.

We reached our destination within half an hour and all this while, Ryan didn't even have the time to look at me. He was busy on the call the whole time. Arnie and Harry accompanied us as she was with me the whole day so it was very obvious that she had to get ready with me. However, they were in a different car, behind us.

The door to the Limo opened and Ryan was the first to step out of it. Again, the chauffer helped me out of the car while, Ryan, I think was about to hang up. He kept the phone in his pocket and turned around to take my hand in his as we were supposed to enter as a couple. The next thing I knew, his jaw dropped to the ground as soon as he laid his eyes on me.

I knew it! I bloody knew it that I looked horrible! I shouldn't have listened to the salon owner and sit there for 4 stupid hours!

"Oh my God!", he gapped at me.

"What happened? Is something out of place?", I asked nervously, fixing my hair and dress.

"Brownie!!! You're the one out of this place", he said as he stepped forward.