Chapter 14

The cover looks beautiful, featuring Savvy and Ryan.

.

.

Ryan was still staring at me. But I was standing there dumbfounded. What could I say? That Savvy lied to you?? That would be all too chaotic. I had to find a reason before he figures out the whole story. Before I could utter a word, the lady herself made her appearance before us.

"What is taking you so long, Ryan?", she barged in.

Ryan and I turned my attention to the girl, standing in the doorway. He looked between me and her. Savvy narrowed her eyes at us. She understood something was up. She raised a brow at me in question. I gestured her towards the platter of brownies but the dumb girl didn't understand. She narrowed her eyes again and shook her head, stating that she still couldn't understand.

"Why do you guys look so suspicious?", she asked. I face palmed my forehead on her stupidity.

"Come here!", Ryan said, more like commanded.

She cautiously walked towards us and stood beside him. He offered her the brownies. The dumb girl still couldn't get what he was hinting at. She took a piece and filled her mouth with it.

"Doesn't it taste familiar?", he asked her. I saw the color drain from her face as the realization finally dawned upon her. "Both of you thought that I wouldn't be able to recognize it, right?", he said, looking between the two of us.

"Ryan I.. I actually"

"Oh c'mon Savvy! I'm not that dumb!", Ryan interrupted Savvy. "I know you taught her this recipe, isn't it?", he smiled.

 "I know you taught her this recipe, isn't it?", he smiled

What?? That's what he was thinking?

Savvy, on realizing it, started laughing. I joined in and Ryan followed suit. We all started laughing but only Savvy and I knew that it was nothing but a humorless laugh.

"Of course!... Duh! Who else will teach her if not her big sis", Savvy faked it! She came and stood by my side and nudged me mouthing 'Thank God!'.

Another lie!

I don't know how many times she'll have to lie for a petty reason. Just tell the god damn truth man!

I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go! Everyone's waiting!", she said and left the kitchen with Ryan. While exiting the kitchen, Ryan turned around and blinked at me. I faked an eye roll at his gesture.

Jerk!

.

.

.

.

.

The next day, I woke up with an annoying alarm. This time, Arnie was at my place. She was sitting right next to my bed on a chair and scrolling through God knows what when her phone started beeping loudly. I slowly opened my eyes to find that both, Savvy and Arnie were sitting in my room.