Chapter 8

I'd never do that. Not here. Not anywhere! I'm not going to put on these small handkerchiefs on my body as they'll barely cover me. Some of them were way too revealing for my liking. I snapped my head towards Ryan at a speed which would actually break my pivotal joint. He had this knowing smirk on his face while he looked between me and the dresses that we'd shortlisted.

"I'd never do that! Not even in a million years", I shook my head.

"C'mon brownie! The two of you almost have the same size. It'll be easy for us to take the right dress", he said, trying to convince me.

"But look at 'em. Do you think they'll ever suit me? If at all, you'll end up gagging at me", I said, throwing my hands in the air, frantically.

"Hey, it's not like that. Just put them on and let me do the judgement. Please please please! I promise not to tease you.at least for the rest of the day!", he said. I raised my brows at the last part of his sentence. 'For the rest of the day?'

I thought about it for a minute but eventually gave in. He was right in a way. The sizing can be an issue so me trying them out would be the nicest way out. Also, I'll be free of all the teasing, at least for today.

"Fine but only if you promise to stick to your words!", I warned.

He happily obliged.

I sighed and took the dresses from the stand and went inside the trial room. The first dress was a black one with a thigh high slit. It made me look like a vamp in one of those James Bond movies. I stepped outside the trial room to show it to him. He scanned me from top to bottom and shook his head vigorously. He didn't like it, too. I went back inside to try on another lilac, strapless dress which ended right above my knees. It looked kind of pretty but the strapless made me a bit uncomfortable. I gathered the courage and went outside to show him. He did the scanning thing again.

"Hmmmm..I think we can still find a better one", he said and pushed me back into the trial room.

After trying on a bunch of dresses, my eyes caught a blue colored gown which looked kind of vintage but had beautiful work of intricacy. I tried it on and couldn't believe the girl staring back at me from the mirror. I looked like one of those Disney princesses with a royal caliber. I just hope Ryan likes it, too. I, carefully, stepped outside, trying my best not to trip over as the dress was too long. Ryan was busy looking at the other dresses when I went to him.

I whistled at him to gain his attention. The moment he turned around to look at me, his jaw dropped on the ground. That instant, I knew he liked it, too. He came near me and swirled me around to see the dress. I smiled like an idiot as the whole store was looking at us.

 I smiled like an idiot as the whole store was looking at us

"Beautiful..", he gasped.

"I know, right. I liked it, too. Savvy would look breath-taking in this dress", I said. He looked at me with astonishment in his eyes.

Well, as much as I hate to accept it you look drool-worthy", he said and it took me seconds to turn into a red tomato. I blushed like a cherry on cake as this was the very first compliment my rival gave me. "I guess this dress has some kind of magic in it. Should we take it?", he asked but I was too distracted to answer his question.

He snapped his fingers in front of my face, bring me back to the reality.

"Earth to, brownie!", he said. I just shook my head to bring me out of the awe-moment I had drifted into. "Where are you lost?"

"No..nothing. Just wondering how Savvy would look", I said with slight embarrassment. He just smiled at me and that was it for me to know that we had found our dream dress. He gestured me to go inside and change so that we can take it.

I turned around to leave when he caught my wrist and pulled me back to him. I look at him when he suddenly clicked my picture.

Hey! Why did you do that?", I asked, covering my face with my hand.

"It'll be used for finding a groom for you. I bet nobody can reject you in this dress", he said. I should have been pleased about it but it hurt me. Does that mean I don't look good in my usual attire?

I didn't let the sadness settle in me and went inside to change while he went to the billing counter

I didn't let the sadness settle in me and went inside to change while he went to the billing counter. His was in despair. I looked at myself in the mirror. The reflection was not mine. I'm not Savvy who can pull of such dresses. Maybe that's why I haven't found the one. Indeed, she's prettier but today I actually felt bad about his comment.

I walked out of the trial room and headed to the billing counter where Ryan was. He smiled at me when he saw me while the helper took the dress from my hand. We took our package and we were ready to leave the store when, something blew away my mind.

He took my hand..INTERLINKED his FINGERS WITH MINE and walked out!

The story is just getting started. Stay tuned to know more about it! Please like, vote and comment.