Chapter 13

When Katty left my room, I turned to my dressing table. I sat there contemplating on the fact that she mentioned about the situation. Of course, I didn't want to worsen the situation for Savvy or Ryan or anyone for that matter but what was I supposed to do? I didn't like or appreciate the way Ryan's mom behaved. It's like she's always under pretense.

I sighed.

I had no option but to play along, at least until the wedding.

I wore a white top and paired it up with black jeans. I wanted to look casual, yet presentable. I climbed down the stairs while everyone was serving themselves with the delicacies that Katty made. It was kind of awkward to sit on the same table with the people who just humiliated me in front of the whole street. Yet, I calmed myself down for my family.

When I walked towards the table, Jake William smiled at me, assuring that we can forget the previous events. I smiled back at him. Kimberly, as usual, had a scowl on her face but I ignored her anyway. I looked at Ryan who was busy talking to Savvy and catching up about God knows what. I took the vacant chair next to dad and sat down to have my lunch.

"What took you so long, dear?", dad asked me, silently.

"I'm just feeling quite lethargic today", I sighed.

"It's ok to feel like that sometimes. However, now you have to buckle up as you're going to the bridesmaid", he nudged me.

"John, shall we?", Katty interrupted. Dad turned his attention towards mom and nodded.

"Now that our children have already decided to stick to each other like leech, shouldn't we decide on a date to glue them together?", dad joked.

"I completely agree with you, John. Ryan over here seems to be quite impatient to call Savvy his wife!", Jake William laughed.

"I think the feeling is mutual. We shouldn't torture them anymore!", Katty added to the conversation.

Jake patted Ryan's shoulder. "We can head to the church tomorrow to seek blessings and also to decide the appropriate date for the big day!", Jake exclaimed.

"That would be perfect!", Dad hugged and congratulated Jake. The two of them are going to be fathers-in-law now. Everyone in the room was beaming except one person. I don't think I even need to mention her name because she now had a permanent scowl plastered on her face.

I hugged and congratulated Savvy. Now she only had a few days left in this house before she moves out to be called someone's wife.

.

.

.

.

Everyone was busy talking about the wedding arrangements while I was just getting bored. Savvy and Ryan were busy deciding on the dress they wanted to wear, the color matching and all. Being the bridesmaid, my dress was to be decided by my sister and I had no problem with it. She has a good taste when it comes to these things so I knew whatever she would choose for me would be beautiful.

I was scrolling through my phone as I had nothing to do. Suddenly, a picture with red velvet brownies popped up! It instantly lightened me up and I dashed to the kitchen. As it is I had nothing to do then why not work on my baking skills. I went to the kitchen and gathered all the ingredients. Once I had understood the method, I kept my phone aside and got to work.

I mixed all the ingredients together. I took out a baking dish from the cabinet above me and greased it with oil. I dusted the dish with some flour and poured in the brownie mix. I opened the microwave and popped it in. Now, I just had to wait for 10 minutes and it would be ready.