Chapter 20

Some people look so good together. Sometimes they don't even know that they're made for each other.

.

.

.

I stood there, at the altar with wet eyes. I couldn't believe Savvy could say something like that? I never thought she could be so selfish. She didn't even think about us even for a moment before leaving. She left both of us at the altar. Forget about me, she didn't even think about Ryan before walking out on him! Did she even love him? Or was it all a sham?

I was thinking about all this without even realizing that tears were rolling down my eyes. I felt broken. I felt like a replacement for my sister.

A substitute wife!

I was thinking about all this when I heard something fall on the ground. I saw everyone rushing towards me. I turned around to see that Ryan was the one who fell on the floor. He burst into tears on knowing that his love walked out on him on their wedding day. I instantly bent down and held his hands, trying to calm him down.

"Ryan, please control yourself. Please calm down! Things will be alright!", I tried calming him down even when my own senses were knocked out. But I knew he needed someone more than me. He needed to be calmed.

Our parents came rushing to us and stood right next to us

Our parents came rushing to us and stood right next to us. Kimberly tried to sooth her son while he was crying on my shoulders. By now, both of us were on the floor, where he was crying uncontrollably. Tears rolled down my eyes as I saw how Savvy left a broken Ryan behind her back.

"Why did she do this to me, Jennifer? Why did she leave me like that?", he cried while drenching my dress with his tears. "Did I not love her enough? Why didn't she trust me?", he sobbed.

I was speechless. I couldn't say anything as I myself was in shock because was what she did. Why didn't she even think about us? Why didn't she think about our families?

I saw mom crying into dad's arms while Jake and Kimberly tried to calm their sobbing son. With Jake's support, Ryan stood up while mom and dad came and stood by my side.

"Mom, please lets go. I can't be here anymore. I want to go home! I can't see everyone insulting my parents", Ryan said and tried to leave. Jake stopped him the middle and made him look at him.

"Son, you wanted to marry the girl of your choice and saw what happened. Now if you really don't want to let us down then please listen to me", Jake said. By this time, we were feeling more than insulted so mom gestured us to leave. We were about to leave when we were stopped by Jake.

"Ryan", Jake looked at Ryan and then at me. "We came here to take our son's wife and our daughter-in-law with us", he said. "Now if we go back empty hand, it will cost us everything that we have earned so far", he said. His words were very confusing for all of us. We couldn't understand what he was hinting at. Jake suddenly joined his hands in front of dad, "John, I know how much you love your daughter but now, only she can save us from the misery of this world..... I would like to ask for your daughter, Jennifers hand for my son", he said, making us all widen our eyes at his statement. For a moment, even dad was taken aback. He didn't know what to say so he looked at Katty and I for answers. While I shook my head, Katty nodded.