Chapter 23

That's what happens when you marry your friend!

.

.

.

After getting ready, I went downstairs. The house itself was so big that I didn't even know where to go first. The whole house seemed empty. It was like they all had abandoned me, or worse, have forgotten that they have a new member in the family. I went to the dining hall as I usually would if I was at home but no one was there.

Ahhh!!! My home.

Finding the place absolutely empty, I went inside the kitchen to make myself something to eat. As soon as I entered, I was greeted by an old lady, wearing an apron.

I haven't seen her before.

"Good morning, Miss Jonas, oh sorry..Mrs. William! What would you like to have for breakfast?", she asked me very politely.

"Ummm, hi, my name is Jennifer umm but you already know that coz you said my last name", I stuttered.

"Sorry about calling you by your previous surname", she bowed as she apologized.

Okay. She didn't have to do that.

"It okay but I'd like you to call me Jennifer, please", I suggested as I went forward to see what she was cooking.

"I'm afraid, I can't! We're not supposed to call the owners by their first name", her voice faded as she told me about it.

"But I'm not the owner", I shrugged.

"After yesterday, you are, Mrs. William", she said and hung her head low.

I never knew that caretakers are supposed to show such high chivalry and mannerism.

"What's your name?", I asked her curiously.

"Oh! Mine?", she paused for a moment. "My name is Gracie Schneider. I've been the caretaker since Mr. William was 10", she said enthusiastically.

"Mr. William? Which one?", I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Your husband!", she said as she smiled at me.

Oh, she talking about Ryan.

Wait

Wait.

Ryan William as my husband???

I really have a thick head! I don't think I can every get around the fact that I'm a married woman now!

"Is everything okay, Mrs. William? You didn't tell me what you want to have for breakfast?", she said as she broke my train of thoughts.

"Umm, shouldn't you ask Kimberly as she's the elder one over here?", I enquired.

"If I'm getting you right, Mrs. William, you want me to call her up and ask her about today's breakfast?", she raised her eyes as she seemed shocked.