Chapter 52 - Shower

The three of us walk down the street, trying to find Zemo as Sam talks in the phone. "She said what? Right. Hold on, hold on. I know, I know. Listen, pack an overnight bag and take the boys."

"What happened?" I ask.

"Karli called Sarah. She threatened my nephews." He sighs. "Okay. Go somewhere safe. Only pay cash. All right? Tell me when you arrive. I know. Look, I love you. I'll never let anything happen to you and the boys. Okay. Bye." He stops and looks at us. "Karli wants to meet. She left a contact number." His cellphone chimes, "She said come alone."

"We're coming with you." Bucky nods.

After changing into our suits, We rush to the coordinates. "Karli" sam yells, looking up to see her standing at the ledge above us. I teleport up and stare at her, Karli smiles at me. I haven't been completely honest the the guys...I knew Karli. Sam rushes past me. "You called my sister? That's how we're gonna play this?"

"I would never hurt her. I wanted to understand you better. I see you, um, didn't come alone."

"You have to end this now." Sam says.

"I don't wanna hurt you. You're a tool in the regimes I want to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you, it'd be meaningless. I was gonna ask you to join me. Or do the world a favor and let me go."

Sam looks aside, he then looks down at his wrist. "It's Walker."

Bucky leaps down, Karli jumps after him and kicks him down. I teleport behind her and grab her arms, throwing her back into the wall.

"I'll send you the location. Go!" Sam yells.

I look down at my phone and teleport into a building, sam crashes into a window a few moments later. I touch the wall and gasp. "Sam...John's different. Not in a good way."

We turn as a man is thrown down the stairs, John walks down and catches a pipe as it is thrown at him. He bends it and pushes the guy down. "What'd you do?" Sam asks.

"They've got Lemar." He runs after the man. We rush into a large room, turning as three people jump down. I back up as a woman tries to stab me. "What's with all the knives?" John yells.

I smile at the woman and teleport up above, I hang onto a pipe and stare down as she looks for me. I let go and land on her back, knocking her out as I spin around and punch a man away from Sam.

I stop as Karli kicks Lemar into a pillar. He slumps over and stops moving. John rushes over to him, "Hey. Hey. Hey. Lemar. Lemar."

Karli stares at Lemar in shock, she then turns and runs off. I run after her as John runs after a man. I teleport outside to cut Karli off, only to see John pushing the man down. He raises the shield and slams it down onto the man. I run over to him, screaming as I try to stop him. John kicks me aside and continues to hit the man.
I sit up on my knees and stare in shock as he stands above the dead man with the bloody shield, staring at the crowd.

The three of us track him down to an abandoned building. He walks past us, talking to himself. "Walker..."

"You guys should see a medic, you don't look so good." He points.

"Stop, Walker." I raise my voice.

"What? You saw what happened. You know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!"

"He didn't kill Lemar, John." I shake my head.

"Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well." Bucky sighs.