Chapter 6 - Home

Walking into my room after 7 years felt absolutely amazing. Dad kept it exactly the same for me. Pepper followed me to my room and picked out some clothes for me as I start the shower.

I take off my dirty old clothes and sigh in relief as I feel the warm water on my skin. Pepper comes into the bathroom and sets my clothes down, she then sits down. "Is it Christmas?" I ask.

"It is....in a couple weeks actually."

"So...you and dad are dating?" I ask as I start to wash my hair.

"Yeah...I think searching for you brought us closer together. We did everything we could to find you."

"It's fine...it was impossible. Even I didn't know where I was." I chuckle. "Can you burn those clothes. I never want to see them again."

"Of course."

Once I finish my shower I get changed, Pepper comes over and starts to brush my hair. "It's so long now." I frown. My hair was past my butt now.

"Come on...let's get you something to eat." She smiles and wraps her arm around me.

It felt strange walking through the house again, just like old times I hop up onto the counter as she opens the fridge. Dad comes in and leans against the counter across from me, smiling as he stares at me. "I've missed you so much, Y/N."

I just nod, all those things he's said to me over the years still haunt me. I just don't believe this act.

After eating a crap top of food, Dad takes me down to his workshop. I gasp as I see some sort of suits on display. "What..the actual fuck is that."

"My suits. I was taken as a hostage in 2008...this stops shrapnel from killing me. It uh...powers those." He sits. "Jarvis, pull up the Iron Man file."

"Right away sir."

"Who the hell is that?" I ask.

"Artificial intelligence system." Dad nods.

"Hello, Miss Stark."

"Sit and read these files, it will explain better." Dad nods.

I sit down and look through the holograms of files. Explaining the suits...I watch a video of one of the suits flying and blasting....aliens? Then there was something called the Avengers.

"Captain America is...alive?" I ask.

"He is."

"So you fight with these suits?" I turn.

"I do. Now I want to know about this teleporting."

"I don't know...they moved me from the original facility....they kept me blindfolded. They used something to give me this ability." I shrug. I then think about being across the room. I teleport over there, making dad jump. "Also...." I walk over to a large metal crate and lift it up with ease. I toss it down with a loud thud and walk back over.

Dad sits back in his chair and puts his hand over his face. I frown as he starts to cry. "I am a terrible father. I'm so sorry Y/N. I was so awful to you. This is my fault."

"Dad that doesn't change anything. You never wanted me, I know that. We can just live our own lives now."

He finally looks up at me, "I don't want to live separate lives. I desperately want my daughter back. I searched everywhere for you. I've barely slept the last six years. I blame myself....can we maybe try to start over?"

I roll my eyes and think about it for a moment, maybe he changed. "We can try. But don't expect me to be your best friend right away. It's gonna take time."

"Thank you. Thank you." He grabs me and hugs me, laying his head on my stomach as he cries. "I've missed you so much."