Chapter 34 - Unwanted

Steve holds onto my side as we walk towards a small Hotel in Texas.....somewhere to hide out for awhile. I could barely move or walk because I was in so much pain. "Steve...don't leave me...please don't leave me." I whisper.

"I'm not gonna leave you....Nat can you get the keys. I'm staying with Y/N." After about ten minutes, Steve and I walk into our room. He sits me down on the only bed. "I can sleep on the couch."

I grab his hand as he turns to leave, "No...please stay with me. I'm so scared."

Steve kneels down as I hold onto the sides of his face. "I'm never gonna let anyone else hurt you. And I won't leave you." He smiles. He turns as there's a knock on the door. He lets Nat in and she walks over with a couple bags.

"Alright..got some food and pain meds. And some clothes." She smiles. "Do you want to eat first or take a shower?"

"Shower...but I can't stand long."

"We'll help you....it's okay." She smiles. "Come on." They both hold my sides and lead me to the bathroom, Steve starts the shower as Nat holds me up. "Alright..we're gonna help you out of this okay?"

I nod, looking down as she starts to pull down my pants as Steve holds me. She then unbuttons the front of my long shirt, pulling it off of me. Steve looks up at the ceiling. "It's okay, Steve...I've known you long enough. I trust you."

He looks back down at me and helps me into the shower. "Steve...can you hold her up. I'll help her."

I gasp as I feel the warm water, something I haven't felt in weeks. Nat starts to wash my hair, I look past Steve and at the mirror....I looked nothing like myself. There were scars along my neck from being electrocuted, I had bruises all down my body.

"I'm sorry." I start to cry again.

"Y/N why are you sorry?" Steve asks.

"I'm weak...I shouldn't have to depend on you both." I shake my head.

"Y/N this isn't something you should be sorry about. I really want to track Ross down and torture him...kill him." Nat says.

"Nat..." Steve sighs.

I finish up the shower and change into nice warm clothes, Nat gives me some food and sits on the end of the bed...both watching me. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Making sure you eat." Nat stands and hands me some water and three pills.

I take them and smile. "Thank you."

"I'm gonna go check on Wanda and get some sleep. You should too." Nat stands and kisses my head.

Steve walks over and locks the door after she leaves, he then shuts the curtains and goes to change into shorts. "Your still bruised." I point to his side.

"Yeah...Tony did that." Steve sighs.

"Where is Bucky? Is he safe?"

"Yeah...he's in Wakanda. Went into Cryo until they find a way to get all the Hydra stuff out of his head." Steve walks over to his bag and pulls out a letter. "He wrote this for you."

I frown and open it:

"Dear my beautiful Y/N....I'm so sorry that I put you in jail. I'm so sorry that I hurt you. I have to figure out a way to get Hydra out of my head. This made me realize how much of a danger I am to you. I don't want you to come looking for me.....I don't want to put you through anymore pain....I don't want you to have to live a life on the run just to be with me. I love you so much Y/N....please have a good life without me. Find someone to love...have a family. And be safe.

.....Your Bucky."

I throw the letter down and shake my head. "Y/N?"

"I want to go to sleep now." I turn and get under the covers. I start to softly cry as Steve turns off the lights and lays beside me. After awhile I turn to him. "Steve?"

"Yes?"

"Will you hold me?" I whisper. Steve doesn't say anything and scoots over to me. He softly wraps his arms around me and kisses my head. "He doesn't want me anymore."

Steve kisses my head again. "Y/N-"

"No one wants me."