Chapter 39 - Morgan

Five....Years....Later.......

It's been five long years since the snap. Dad and I were doing great, we haven't fought...we've actually grown closer.

Dad and Pepper got married and they had a little girl named Morgan. She is my best friend, we are always around each other.

Everyone just had to 'move on' I spent most of my time at home but I also went out and helped rebuild homes, I helped anywhere I could.

Today Morgan wanted to play outside, we run down the stairs and to the front door. "Hey! Lunch will be ready in a minute!" Pepper yells.

"Okay!" Morgan and I yell, slamming the door and running to the garage.

"Look what I found the other day." She picks up a blue helmet.

"Ooo....I wonder if daddy made this for momma." I smile as she puts it on with her homemade blaster on her hand. We run back outside and and into her tent.

"Okay, we need to protect our base from the aliens. I'll protect the back and you protect the front." She nods.

"Got it." I hold up my plastic sword.

We look up as we hear clapping, "Chow time!" Dad yells. Maguna? Morgn and Y/N! You want some lunch?"

We both step out, "Define lunch or be disintegrated." She holds her hand up to him.

"Okay, You should not be wearing that, okay? That is part of a special anniversary gift I'm making for Momma." He takes off the helmet.

"Okay." Morgan smiles.

"There you go. Are you thinking about lunch? I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce."

"Ew No!" Morgan and I both laugh.

"That's what you want. How did you find this?" He looks up at me.

"Garage." I nod.

"Really? Were you looking for it?"

"No. I found it, though." Morgan says.

"You like going to the garage, huh? So does daddy. It's fine, actually. Your mom never wears anything I buy her." He chuckles and picks her up, holding her on his hip and kissing her head, he looks over at me and kisses my cheek. "I love my girls, you know that?"

"Mhm." Morgan giggles.

Dad and I turn as we see a car pull up. Steve, Nat, and Scott step out. "Take her inside." Dad hands Morgan to me.

I kiss her head and open the front door, walking to the table and sitting her down in her chair. "Steve, Nat, and Scott are here. We'll be outside." I say to Pepper.

"Alright honey, why don't you bring them some drinks." She smiles and opens the fridge.

I carry a tray out and set it down, smiling as I step over to Nat. "Hey pretty girl." She says as she kisses my cheek.

"I've missed you." I smile.

"I've missed you more." She smiles.

Steve wraps me in his arms, sighing as he kisses my head. "Your hair is longer."

"Been growing it out." I smile, "Morgan like's to try the do my hair."

I hand out the drinks and sit down, listening to Scott's crazy plan about time travel.

"Now, we know what it sounds like..."