Chapter 25 - Vision

We get into the lab to see Tony and Bruce still working on the cradle. "I'm gonna say this once." Steve says.

Tony looks up, "How about nonce?"

"Shut it down!" I yell.

"Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve says.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce points.

"I know you're angry." Wanda says cautiously.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

Steve shakes his head, "Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony yells.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda points.

"This isn't a game." I yell.

"The creature-"

Pietro speeds in and rips off the equipment. "No, no. Go on. You were saying?" Suddenly a bullet shoots the glass under him and he falls.

"Pietro!"

Tony turns, "I'm rerouting the upload."

Steve throws his shield as Bruce grabs Wanda.

Tony's armor goes onto his hand and he blasts Steve back. I teleport behind him and grab the back of his shirt, throwing him back. Tony holds his hand up and tries to blast me.

I do a front flip and kick his chest, making him slide back into the glass. I spin around as Thor bursts into the lab, he leaps onto the cradle and summons lightning. He slams his hammer on top of it.

Suddenly it explodes and throws Thor back. A body floats out, he looks at all of us. when his eyes land on Thor, he leaps out at Him. Thor throws him out of the lab, I teleport next to him as he slowly comes down from the window.

I slowly hold my hand up to him, he does the same and presses his hand against mine. I smile as I feel joy...life...beauty. I turn back to see the team, teleporting beside Steve. "I'm sorry, that was...odd....Thank you."

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asks.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." Thor  points to the gem inside His head.

"What, the gem?" Bruce asks.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor nods.

"Then why would you bring it to..."

"Because Stark is right." Thor says.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times."

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor says.

"Not alone."

"Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asks.

"We... reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new."

"I think I've had my fill of new." Steve sighs.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?"

"You're not?" Steve asks.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am... I am."

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda says.

"Look again."

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint rolls his eyes.

"When we touched hands...I felt peace. Life. Not annihilation." I shake my head.

Thor points to the twins and I, "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..."

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asks.

"I don't think it's that simple."

"Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint says.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asks.

"You."

"Where?" Bruce asks.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too."

Bruce steps up, "If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" He looks around at us all. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." He holds up Thor's hammer as everyone stares in shock. When Thor takes it, He walks off.

"Right." Thor pats Tony on the shoulder. "Well done."

"Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve nods.

Tony grabs my hand, "Y/N-"

"Don't touch me." I yank my hand back.

"Please talk to me."

"I don't want to talk to you...all you do is lie to me. And tell me how much you didn't want me." I shake my head. "I could of been with my mother...all this time. I could of known her. But you kept her away from me."

"I fucked up, I know!" He shakes his head.

"That's all you seem to do lately...just please stay away from me Tony."

He watches as I walk away, shaking my head as I wipe my tears.