Chapter 27 - Judy

I walk outside of the new compound to see Steve and Dad talking. I walk over as his car pulls up. "Hi..."

"Hey." I nod awkwardly.

"Your welcome to join Pepper and I."

"I'm gonna stay with the team....besides I have something important to do today." I nod.

"Y/N....I am truly sorry for how I've treated you. I have been childish and I haven't been thinking about how you feel."

I nod and reach my hand out, looking down as I clasp my hand around his. Without another word he gets into his car. I turn away from Steve, "Where are you off to?"

"Don't worry...I'll be back."

I had found my mother online....she passed away two years ago. I teleport to a small town in Illinois and to a small graveyard. A house sat behind it, it was a private graveyard.

I find her grave and fall to my knees. I place the flowers I picked up down on the grave and slowly rub my hand across her name as I start to cry.

"I'm so sorry, mom....I'm so sorry I didn't find you sooner."

"Who are you?" A voice says behind me.

"I uh....I was her daughter." I whisper, wiping my eyes.

"Oh my god...Y/N?"

I turn as I stand up, "How do you know me?"

"I...I am your aunt. Judy." She says in shock. "I was there when you were born...I tried to stop them."

"My...my aunt." I smile.

"I can't believe it's you...look how grown you are." She smiles and pulls me into a hug. I close my eyes and hold her tight. "I've tried to contact you...but your-"

"My father. He's kept a lot of things from me." I pull away.

"Would you like to come inside? I actually have a few things for you." She caresses the side of my face.

"I'd love to."

I follow her into the nice, small home. She instantly walks into the kitchen as I look at her family photos. "Tea or coffee?"

"Coffee please. And creamer if you have some."

"Of course, honey." She says back to me. I stop as I see a photo of my mother....she was so beautiful. I don't look back as Judy comes back and sets down two mugs. "You look just like her...it's almost frightening." She smiles. 

"What was she like?"

"She was wonderful. She was very kind and loving. She loved every moment of being pregnant with you. And I can still remember the look on her face when she first saw you." She smiles as I sit down. "I can't believe your twenty-five now."

"Twenty-three actually, just had a birthday and I was kidnapped...put into a Cryo chamber for almost three years." I nod.

"I read about you being kidnapped...I'm so sorry honey."

"Um...how did she die? She was only forty-five  right?" I ask, picking up the coffee and taking a sip.

"She was actually forty-one."

"My mother was sixteen when she had me?" I ask in shock. "Online it says-"

"That's part of the reason why they wouldn't let her keep you. They made sure no one knew her real birthdate. She uh...overdosed." She whispers as I look away. "I meant it when I said your mother was wonderful. She just went down on the wrong path for awhile.....before she died she told me that she saw you in Malibu....she went to find you. It was right before she died."

"Why didn't she introduce herself to me?"

"She said that she saw Tony....he gave her an awful look...one that scared her. So she came back home." She nods. Judy stands again and walks into another room. She comes back with a small jewelry box. "Your mother wanted you to have this. I kept it safe for you."

I take the box and run my hand across the top, smiling as I open it. There was a letter on top addressed to me. And below it was picture of her and her family, and some of her jewelry.

I wipe my tears and close the box. "Is there anything I can do to help around here? Money, work?"

"Honey I don't need anything. Why would you ask that?" She smiles and pushes my hair aside.

"Your my family...and I feel so bad that I haven't found you until now." I sigh.

"It's not your fault. I'm just so happy I got to meet you." She hugs me and kisses my cheek.

I get her phone number and promise to keep in touch, seeing my mothers grave one last time before teleporting back to the compound. I sit down in my room and open the note.

"My baby Y/N...I'm so sorry we haven't met. I want you to know that I thought of you every moment of my life and occasionally tried to check in on you. I dreamed of the day I would finally be able to hold you...but I'm afraid that day may never come. I'm so proud of the young woman you have become and I want you to know that I love you very much. Your mother....Amanda."

I hold the note against my chest as I cry, looking back down to see a diamond ring with a small note attached to it. "Your father got this for me."

"What? I thought it was just a one night stand..." I mutter.

This was all so confusing. I slip the ring on my right ring finger and smile at it.

I had a piece of my mom with me now.