Chapter 49 - Drinks

Sharon leads us into a large and fancy building, "Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam says in shock.

"I thought if I had to hustle, might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler. You know how much I'll get for a real Monet?"

"Deactivate your hustle mode. You sell fake Monets." Sam points.

"No. She means real. This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork. Monet. Van Gogh. Classics." Bucky nods.

"It's true. You know, half the artwork in museums like the Louvre is fake. Real stuff sits in places like this."

"Okay, guys, I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old Sam." He rolls his eyes and pulls out his phone.

"Yeah. What's Google say?" Bucky asks as we pass him.

"No shit."

"You guys need to change. I'm hosting clients in an hour." She leads us into a living room. She steps over to a rack of clothes and grabs a dress and some heels. "This should be cute on you." She tosses it to me and walks out.

"ThIs ShOuLd Be cUtE oN yOu." I mock her and roll my eyes, walking behind the rack of clothes and changing into the dress.

I step out and put on my heels, stepping over to a mirror and brushing out my hair

I step out and put on my heels, stepping over to a mirror and brushing out my hair. I turn to see all three men staring at me with wide eyes.

"God...damn." Sam whispers.

"You better shut your mouth." Bucky mutters, glaring at him.
I smirk as Sam takes his shirt off, his eyes scanning my body as I walk by and sit on the couch. Bucky walks over to me and sits beside me, biting his lip as he looks at me. "You look gorgeous."

"I know." I flip my hair off my shoulder, smirking up at him.

Sharon comes back in dressed fancier and her hair was fixed. "Much better."

"What's going on, Sharon? You don't ever wanna come back home?" Sam asks.

"They'll lock me up if I step foot back in the States. Madripoor doesn't allow extradition." She nods as she sits beside Bucky.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't call, but after The Blip and the chaos, I just..."

"Look, you know the whole hero thing is a joke, right? The way you gave up that shield, deep down, you must know it's all hypocrisy." She tilts her head.

"He knows. And not so deep down." Zemo smiles.

"By the way, how is the new Cap?"

"Don't get me started." Bucky rolls his eyes.

Sharon scoffs. "Please. You buy into all that stars and stripes bullshit. Before you were his pet psychopath, you were Mr. America! Cap's best friend."