Chapter 45 - Therapy

Steve had gone back and stayed with Peggy, I was very happy for him. I keep pictures of Steve and my father with me at all time...it's kind of like my therapy. I did actually started therapy with someone I used to know, Christina Reynor. She was a close friend since I was a child and actually was my therapist throughout my childhood.

I got my own apartment in New York, I did some roles in some Broadway plays in New York but I mostly liked to stay home alone....Away from the world. I also make sure to check in and visit Pepper and Morgan.

For the last six months I've struggled to move on...I've struggled to cope with the loss of my father. Everywhere I went he was there...something was reminding me of him. It didn't help that I wear a lot of his shirts, I just liked knowing I had something of his with me.

My apartment was very fancy, It has two bedrooms with a large living room and large kitchen. I use the second bedroom as a small recording studio. It was a perfect apartment for me.

I mostly wait to run errands until late at night so I can avoid being seen. Tonight it was raining, I decided to take a long walk to the grocery store with my umbrella, luckily no one was around to mess with me.

I mark my list as I walk through the store, stopping as I see a magazine about the Avengers. I pick it up and flip through its pages, seeing a page about me and Sam. Then I stop on a page about dad. I put the magazine away and continue to walk to the front, trying to blink away my tears.

As I was walking back I stop as I see someone familiar in a closed restaurant. I drop my umbrella and walk over to the window to see Bucky handing a woman flowers. He sits down with his back to me as she stands on the opposite side of the counter, smiling at him.

This was the first time I've seen him in months. I've missed him terribly, my tears mix with the rain as I watch him for a few minutes. As the woman steps away, he turns and his eyes widen as he sees me.

I quickly walk away, holding my breath as I hear the door open and slam shut. "Y/N! Wait up!"

"Go back to your date, Bucky." I say, not looking at him.

"Y/N-"

I teleported before he could finish....I didn't want to talk to him. I shouldn't be upset, hell I slept with Steve. But I only did that because I knew he didn't want me. Because he broke my heart.

The next day I had therapy......great!

I teleported into the waiting room, still in my pajama's which was grey joggers, one of dads shirts, slippers and a messy bun. I sigh and sit down for ten minutes.

"Y/N...are you ready?" Christina asks. I smile and stand as she turns. "I'll see you next time James."

I freeze in my spot as Bucky stands in front of me. His jaw tightens as he slightly tilts his head. I brush past him, causing him to turn to look at me one more time before Christina shuts her office door.

"How are you today, Christina?" I lay across the couch.

She walks over behind her desk and takes out my blanket, "Great now that you are here." She smiles and hands me the blanket. I wrap it around me and lay back down as she sits.

"I'm offended you didn't tell me that your Bucky's therapist."

"You know I'm not allowed to talk about other patients." She tilts her head.

"Okay....but it's me." I chuckle.

"I was gonna ask if anything improved between you two...but I'm assuming it's a no?"