Chapter 47 - Jail

The three of us walk down the street, Bucky was taking us somewhere. "Hey, it's Black Falcon. What's up?" A kid stops us.

"It's just Falcon, kid."

"No, no. My daddy told me it's Black Falcon." The kid points.

"Is it because I'm Black and I'm the Falcon?"

"Well, technically, I mean, yes." He shrugs.

"So are you, like, Black kid?" Sam asks, the kid sighs. "I got him, right?"

"Whatever, man." The kid sits as we pass.

"Whatever."

Bucky points to a house and knocks on the door, a kid answers. "We're here to see Isaiah."

"Nobody named Isaiah live here."

"Look, we just want to talk to him." Bucky sighs.

"You must not hear what I just said. You ain't getting in this house. Y'all can leave now."

"Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here. He's gonna know what that means." Bucky nods.

"All right, wait here." The kids closes the door.

"Nice kid. How do you know this guy?" I ask.

"I used to. We had a skirmish during the Korean War."

The kid opens the door for us, "Today's your lucky day. He said he wanna see for himself."

We walk into the dark him, turning as we hear a noise to see a tall man. "Isaiah?" Bucky asks.

"Look at you."

"This is, uh, Sam and Y/N. Guys, this is Isaiah. He was a hero. One of the ones that Hydra feared the most. Like Steve. We met in '51." Bucky nods.

"If by met, you mean I whupped your ass, then, yeah. We heard whispers he was on the peninsula, but everyone they sent after him, never came back. So the U.S. military dropped me behind the line to go deal with him. I took half that metal arm in that fight in Goyang, but I see he's managed to grow it back. I just wanted to see if he got the arm back. Or if he'd come to kill me."

"I'm not a killer anymore." Bucky's voice slightly breaks.

"You think you can wake up one day and decide who you wanna be? It doesn't work like that. Well, maybe it does for folks like you."

"Isaiah, the reason we're here is because there's more of you and me out there." Bucky nods.

"You and me."

"And we need to know how." Bucky says softly.

"I'm not gonna talk about it anymore." Isaiah yells as he throws a small metal tin into the wall. "You know what they did to me for being a hero? They put my ass in jail for 30 years. People running tests, taking my blood, coming into my cell. Even your people weren't done with me."

"Isaiah..." Bucky whispers.

"Get out of my house!"

"Let's go, man, let's go." The boy backs us up.

I stare at him in horror, quickly wiping my tears. "I'm so sorry we bothered you sir."

He slightly nods and looks away as I walk out. Sam and I push past Bucky. "Guys."

"Why didn't you tell me about Isaiah? How could nobody bring him up? I asked you a question, Bucky." Sam stops in the street and points.

"I know."