Chapter 31 - Attack

Luckily they uncuffed me and let me hold my hands in front of me still in cuffs because I was still bleeding.

Steve looks down at my arm, "Get we get a bandage? She's bleeding out back here!"

No one answers him.

Sam look ahead at T'Challa, "So, you like cats?"

"Sam." I warn.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more."

"Your suit...it's Vibranium?" Steve asks.

T'Challa's eyes narrow as he glances sideways. "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you....as both warrior and king....how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

Our cuffs were taken off and we walk over to Sharon and another man. I turn to see Bucky was in a pod. "What's gonna happen to him?" I ask, pressing my hand against my wound.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon's nods.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asks.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt."

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam says as we walk inside.

I turn to see Bucky staring at us as the door closes behind us.  "You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?"

T'Challa looks at us. "I don't intend on going anywhere."

Nat walks over to us, "For the record, this is what making things worse looks like."

"He's alive."

I look up as Dad approaches us on the phone, "No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat sighs.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Dad hangs up.

"Consequences?" I ask.

"Secretary Ross wants you prosecuted. Had to give him something."

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve sighs.

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Nat nods.

"That's cold."

"Warmer than jail." Dad nods.  A medic pulls me aside and sits me in a chair. They give me a shot for pain and start stitching me up. "I can finish it." Dad says behind the medic as he finishes stitching me. The medic hands him a bandage and walks off.

Dad kneels down and turns my arm, staring at the four slash marks. "At least it'll be a cool scar." I shrug.

Dad shakes his head and starts bandaging it. "Please sign....come home with me." He suddenly says.

"I can't." I shake my head.

"Yes you can....why are you sticking up for Steve...for Barnes. I'm your family."

"Steve actually treats me like family. He cares about me and listens to me. He allows me to show my emotions...to be human." I sigh. "And I love Bucky...I always have."

"You love him?"

"I do...he took care of me in Siberia. I don't think I can ever stop loving him." I nod.

"He just bombed-"

"No he didn't....I know he didn't. Bucky has been living in hiding for years...it makes no sense that he would just come out of the shadows and do this. He was set up...I know it." I sigh and rub my face in frustration.

"Even if that was true, they won't believe it. You'll be put in prison if you don't sign. I won't be able to help you."

"I don't want your help." I glance over at Steve as he stares at his hands.

"I wish you were on my side...where you belong. You belong with your father. Your real family."

"Steve is my real family. Not you. Steve doesn't lie to me. My
Mother is dead because of you." I look down at my ring.

"I didn't have anything-"

"It's your fault. She did what she did because of you and your parents. She was a child when you took me from her. Ripped me from her arms. Judy has shown me the truth about you." I shake my head. "I don't want to talk anymore. I'm not changing my mind. I'd rather be in jail than be with you."

Dad shakes his hand and stands, walking off.

For the next hour I sit alone, staring at my bandaged arm. The lights suddenly turn off, I stand and rush over to Steve and Sam. "Sub-level 5, east wing." Sharon nods at us.

"I'll teleport there."

Steve grabs my arm, "No...your not going alone."

I stare at him for a moment before nodding, I then run with them to the stairs. 

When we reach the level Bucky was being held in, we slowly walk into a room to see guards were everywhere on the ground. Sam and I kneel down and check their pulses as Steve walks into another room.

I look up to see Sam was thrown back. I teleport inside as Bucky punches Steve into the wall. I grab his arm and twist it, spinning and slamming him against the wall. He grabs my neck, growling as I teleport again and punch his side. 

I flip up onto his shoulder and start to strangle him with my legs as I punch the side of his head. Bucky grabs me and throws me down on the ground, before I can teleport he punches me with his metal hand.

I frown as I slowly sit up, looking around me to see Sam was still passed out. I quickly teleport back to the main level. I run over to Bucky as he chokes Nat, kicking his side.

"Bucky! It's me! You know me!" I duck his punch. I quickly think of an idea...hoping it would work as I start to sing. "I have a dream...a song to sing. To help me cope....with anything..." Bucky stops and breathes heavily as he stares at me with wide eyes.

"Y/N?"

"Yes it's me-" Suddenly T'Challa dives over and kicks him aside, pushing me down in the process, making me hit my head.

Dad pulls me up, "Y/N, Come on." I rub my head, "You blacked out." I look outside to see Sam waving over at me. "What are you-"

I teleport outside, following Sam as we run away from the chaos.