Nothing makes me stay away

Chapter 12
~

The corridors were empty as we walking with fast steps through it. We were running late and as we made it in the classroom the teacher made sure to let us know that with an loud sigh as we walked to our seats.

"Great why don't you start with the presentation O'Connell as you were in such a hurry to get here," Billie looked agitated at the teacher.

As she slowly stood up she turned to me. "What fucking presentation?" I just shook my head and she walked slowly to the front of the class.

I honestly had no clue as school had been pushed away on my priority list and I would soon also be i in front of the class.

"Come on Billie," Zeth screamed as Billie gave him a warning eye.

Her nervousness didn't exactly show in her body face but her finger fidgeted more than usually on her rings and her eyes wander around the class. Her silence pained us all as I felt helpless as I looked at her.

"So what is this presentation about," she awkwardly asked the teacher who pointed at the whiteboard with 'memorable woman in history' written on it.

Her eyes feel on the floor as she took her li in between her teeth. I knew she had worked as much I had on this. We were so fucked.

"I mean- Nicki is a powerful woman who should be remembered for like forever," she spoke

"Nicki?" the teacher asked as her pen went over the paper in her hand.

"Minaj,"

"Like the singer?" The pen had stopped its motion as she looked at Billie.

"Uh-hum," the room was quiet only for a few seconds until everyone started laughing loudly. Over all the laughter the teacher spoke to Billie 'see me after class'.

Billie walked quickly back to her seat with her eyes on me.

"That's on of the worst presentation I have heard," I said.

"Stop dude I panicked,"

The class went on and the presentation too. Presentation that was filled with real information and historical woman. But some may say that Nicki should be place amongst them, but that was not my words.

I put my books into my lockers as his eyes burned into my back. "Yo what the fuck do you want?" I asked Zeth and he looked at the people who passed us in the corridor.

"I just wanna talk,"

"Talk than," I hadn't still figured him out. Everyone saw that he was confident, that he was one of the nicer kids at this school but other than that I didn't know shit.

"I don't know- I care about you...and Billie but I have known her for my whole life and she is kinda weird sometimes," I knew he spoke the truth but I still couldn't figure out him and where me and him stood.

"Weird? Yeah I know," it felt like he would soon drop a bomb I wasn't ready for. Was she with someone else, was in my head to much so I didn't see the truth. But the warning never came and I was left confused.

Was it a protective thing? That somewhere in between his words were that warning or was it just a selfish thing to feed my insecure mind with? Zeth was the nice one of us that only showed love and kindness towards every breathing creature. But I had barely talked to him. He was just billies friend. I care about you. Was that sincere or was he a really god mind player.

"Are you and Billie a thing then?"

"I don't know," the words had escaped before I had to really think about it. Where was the line drawn, at what point are you with them and when are you just around them.

"Don't stress it," Zeth said and I felt like I knew his intention.

"Are you guys kissing or what," a black haired girl asked as she rested her head on my shoulder and looked at Zeth.

"Just warning her about you side pieces" I couldn't see billies face but Zeth was clearly joking and I could only hearing a slightly irritated noice coming from Billie."See y'all later," he said before he left us and I said a quick 'bye'.

"I don't do that shit no more,"

"I never said you did," she had moved so we were know facing each other. "I trust you,"