Seconds feels like hours

Chapter 1 ~

Chapter 1
~

I knew those words, those who told me that we would be better this time. We would start over and forget what had happened. Once again I was standing in the hallway of unknown faces and names that I had to memorize. Unknown secrets and pasts. Unknown traits that I had to mirror. It would take awhile to learn their names, their dogs names and their weird uncle's names, but I would. But even how hard I tried they wouldn't do the same for me and In the end I would be alone.

My eyes burned into the wooden door that separated me from the judgment filled eyes. The people I had to fit in with, the ones that I should befriend. It would be fake but real enough for mom. If I behaved like everyone else I was real enough for her. Not the girl in the bright room with shallow breaths.

As I opened the door their eyes meet mine. My throat got tight and my eyes burned. His eyes never left his papers.

"I'm Sam, I'm new" his eyes flew over me and than back at his papers.

"Samantha Johnson?" My name echoed through the room.

"Yeah,"

"Take a seat,"

The room was filled with students whose eyes already followed me. I kept trying to push air inside but I failed over and over again. My legs moved to the empty seat in the far back of the class.

There she was. With dark black hair that reached to her boobs. A dosing chains covering her neck and chunky ring that made her fingers almost disappear. Her clothes that fitted loosely in her.

"You look hot," The words escaped my mind.

The girl looked at me and I could feel her eyes burn into my skin. I sat down beside her and lowered my eyes.

"So do you", she said with her eyes still on me.

My face broke up in a smile but I turned my head away from her. It was stupid really. How I felt my face going hot from three little words.

"Zeth," the girl whispered and gave a light kick on the chair in front of her.

A tall boy with dark curly hair gave her a little plastic bag that the girl quickly covered. The girl put the plastic bag in her lap before taking a few gummy bears in her mouth. Her face turned once again towards me.

"You want one?" she reached the bag to me but I shook my head.

"I'm good,"

I bounced my leg up and down as I tried my hardest to understand what the teacher was talking about but it was like my brain didn't register anything.

The clock ticked loudly and the times seemed to have stopped.

"You wanna skip," I looked down at the black haired girl who's head rested on the table.