Chapter 33: Dark Magic.

Start from the beginning

I just don't have the balls to admit it is. I refuse to- until I'm at the right age.

Baron Hills opened the carriage door, letting me in. "My wife also said that before we got married. Ah young love."

I'm this close into stabbing you, Baron Hills. I glared at him, crossing my arms letting out an angry aura that he can never ignore.

He gets the hint and just smiles at me like he did nothing wrong, "Alright, alright. I know when to stop. I'll explain everything now."

He gets in and tells the coachman to go back into the Hills estate.

We sat in for a moment of silence before giving me a serious look, "I have already checked on your background. It seems that you didn't come from a common family. You're from a fallen noble house, the Rosenguards." (Baron Hills)

I recall all the things I've read from the diary. His sources were accurate and it made me feel a sense of relief that I might be going to get some needed answers on who Kein really is. "I am but I don't know much about them other than my biological mother passing away because of the difficulty of birth and that my father was nowhere to be seen."

"I... I can't remember anything about them." I told Baron Hills honestly who nods sympathetically at my state.

"You are not normal. I have been hiding this from you, the moment I dug information about your background. Your father was from [Winshern] where dark magic is mostly practiced and he was believed to be a user of dark magic himself." He raises his hands showing a golden storage ring taking a stack of papers. "This... is your father."

He hands me over the paper with a man with deep blue eyes, and brown flaxen hair. So this is Kein's father, he looked so serious like he's about to kill someone. "How about my mother?"

He pointed over at the other stack, I flipped it around and saw a lovely woman, smitten, with amber eyes and golden hair that resembled mine. Kein... was a mix of both of them. "You said my father was a user of dark magic- tell me more about it."

Baron Hill's eyes gloomed as the tension between us felt thick. He rests his chin on his hands and asked, "Are you aware how the royal family of the [Puronia] empire specializes in light magic."

I nod my head wondering the reason why he asked that, "Yes. I have seen some normal shrine maidens have light magic as well."

"The shrine maidens and light priestesses were blessed by the heavens but they will never match up to par with those of the pure royal bloodline. They will have the power to bring someone back from the dead." (Baron Hills) explained. "What do you know about the land of [Winshern]."

"The country of snow, where the Goddess of winter and God of shadows reside." I answered, "It's a cold barren place where the military and technology is top notch?"

Baron Hills looked satisfied with my answer, "Now tell me, what do you think the [Winshern] royal family specialized on."