Chapter Forty Seven

Xiao Bai stretched her body tiredly as she continued to peruse the reports that had been sent to the Fox Cavern from the different Immortal Realms.    She had been helping Donghua with some of the issues that have cropped up in the Realms for the past few thousands of years so that even now when he was in seclusion, she had been looking over things for him.  Thankfully, however, since Ye Hua had taken over the throne at the Sky Kingdom, there has been substantially less matters that Donghua had to deal with.  Now, only the most important ones are sent to him.  Donghua has been gone now for the past 8 years, Xiao Bai did not know how much longer it would still be since Donghua was not at his full cultivation when he left so she had been taking care of some of his work, at least those that she can reasonably make a fair and calculated decisions on.  

"Chonglin, there's a missive here from the West Sea reporting of the vanishings of visiting Immortals in the city of Yinghua in the Mortal Realms that is near their border and they want to send an envoy to meet with Dijun.  Please arrange for me to meet with whoever they are sending instead as I know this is one thing that Donghua wanted constant updates on before he left."  Xiao Bai was becoming a little worried about this.  In the past two years, she had read no less than 5 reports of the same kind.  All of them were not sure exactly as to what happened but based on investigations it appeared that dark magic was being used to take these Immortals.  She had discussed this with Uncle Ye Hua and Gugu who were receiving the  same reports but as of the moment all of them were clueless given the lack of evidence pointing to whoever was behind it.   Before Donghua had left, there were one or two reported vanishings in the mortal realms that appeared strange but as they were few and far between as of that time they could not ascertain if foul play had been involved.  She wondered what the vanishings portended to feeling unequal to the task at hand.  She had  never dealt with something like this as Queen of Qingqiu but she knew that she had to at least make an effort to offer aid in this matter as the wife of Donghua Dijun.  For the millionth time, she wished that Donghua was back here with her as he would know what to do. He always knew what to do.

***

She felt the tug in her heart a second before she felt his nose on hers nuzzling her.  Xiao Bai opened her eyes knowing that he was back just as he placed soft kisses on her forehead and her lips.  

"Donghua, you're here! I missed you so much!" she said tearfully as she quickly stood up from her meditative position just outside the bamboo house to leap on him, he grasped her to him catching her around her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck giving him a tight hug and a long lingering kiss as her feet dangled a few inches from the ground.    She inhaled his much loved sandalwood smell that surrounded her threatening her equanimity.  Donghua took a deep breath as he slowly lowered her to the ground relieved to be back to his home, his Xiao Bai.  He placed his head on top of hers, loving the feel of her in his arms as they whispered words of adoration to each other.  For several moments, they stood together like that, their arms around each other's waist, just holding each other tenderly, heady with the feeling of being back in each other's arms.  They had missed each other so much. Then he lifted a hand to caress her cheeks as he lowered his lips to give her another kiss, a gentle one at first but quickly followed by another, one, no longer gentle, but full of ardor for he really did miss the taste of his Xiao Bai.  Xiao Bai pulled him tightly against her matching his intensity as she barely permitted him to breath between kisses, wanting to be as close to him as possible.  He cleaved her to him as he pressed one hand against her back while the other cradled the back of her head.  Her senses filled with him, just as his filled with hers.  They heard nothing, saw nothing and felt nothing in that moment but each other and it was like being in heaven.  It took several minutes before he could pull himself away from her so that he could see for herself how she has been.  He had been worried about leaving her when she only had half her cultivation but Xiao Bai had insisted that he needed to take care of his responsibility and his duty to the Universe.