Chapter Forty Six

***Flagged for mature contents ***

"Liansong greets Donghua Dijun! What are you still doing here?  I thought you would be at the Sea Kingdom by now for the wedding." Liansong said spotting Dijun outside the archives of the Sky Kingdom as the latter was walking back to his villa in Tai Chen Palace holding several scrolls in his hands.  Prince A'Li and Princess Mei Yi Lan's wedding ceremony was in a week and the entire clan was supposed to be at the wedding location by now.  While normally a wedding of the Crown Prince of the Sky Kingdom would be celebrated in the Sky Kingdom,  the father of the bride had made a request that the wedding be in their Kingdom as he wanted a little bit more time with his daughter before she leaves for her new home.  Empress Bai Qian who disliked organizing any sort of ceremonial activity in the Sky Kingdom was more than willing to accede to the request.  

"I needed to look at some scrolls on cultivation in relation to the Sea Kingdom. I suddenly remembered having read somewhere before about a source of power deep within their kingdom." Dijun said absentmindedly as they entered his villa.  Liansong was one of the few people they have taken into their confidence with regards to Xiao Bai's lack of cultivation.  It had been 1000 years since he had visited the Rocks of Incantation and although it was with a sense of relief that he knew Xiao Bai's lack of cultivation was not as a result of Fate and the Heavens interference, nothing that they have done since have increased it substantially from the 50% that it had been hovering at.  Donghua was worried about it as he knew he needed to enter seclusion soon, he had been delaying it as long as he could as he could not bear to leave her when she was so vulnerable.  Liansong nodded his understanding for he knew how worried Dijun had been although his outward facade didn't show it too much.

"Dijun,  I have some reports that I need to discuss with you about some odd things that seems to have cropped up in the Mortal Realms.  It's not that urgent though, we can discuss it after the wedding." he said.  As someone on whom the stability of the Universe depended on, Donghua Dijun was not only updated on all the important movements in the Immortal Realms, but he also had to deal with any upheavals in the Mortal Realms that can have significant repercussion to the Universe in general.   

"Donghua! You're back!  Just in time for noon meal!  Come the children and I are waiting for you to eat."  Liansong was interrupted by Xiao Bai who just saw them entering the Villa.  She quickly approached them taking hold of Dijun's hand to lead him inside.  "3rd Prince, you're here also! Join us for noon meal, I cooked a lot.  It's a shame that Cheng Yu is unable to join us today.  I know it's a poor substitute but I do believe that I have one of your favorite pastries for dessert."  she said teasing him, smiling cheerfully.  Liansong and Cheng Yu were still playing their little cat and mouse game and for the life of her, Xiao Bai could not understand why didn't just get together as she could see they really cared for each other.   

"Liansong greets Dihou! Thank you for your lunch invitation which I am glad to accept.  I haven't had one of your fabulous meals in ages as Dijun has been keeping them to himself."  he said smiling back at her.   He saw Dijun raised his eyebrows but the latter did not contradict him. Dijun can still be a little petty when it comes to Xiao Bai's cooking and sharing them with anyone else.     

As soon as they sat down for noon meal with the children, their conversation revolved around the upcoming wedding and their excitement over it.  It was the first wedding in their family to be celebrated after Donghua and Xiao Bais' which was almost a hundred thousand years ago.    

"Are you looking forward to the wedding 3rd Prince?  The children and I are excited over it as Gugu told us that they had some unique ceremonial rituals in the Sea Kingdom." Xiao Bai said as she pushed a dish of deer meat at him.  It was one of Liansong's favorite of the dishes that Xiao Bai would cook.  He wasn't surprised that she remembered his preference as she was always thoughtful like that, always remembering what people she cared about liked.  At first, the relationship between Liansong and Xiao Bai have been merely cordial, one of mere acquaintances and casual friends.  However, because Xiao Bai was fiercely protective of Dijun's well being, any person she deemed to care for him was elevated automatically to the status of family.  As such, over the years, their relationship have devolved from only friends to now, family.  Liansong enjoyed spending time with them whenever they were in the Sky Kingdom which was very rare.