Chapter Forty One

"Are you tiring yourself out my Xiao Bai with all the preparations?" Donghua asked as they both got into bed having just put the children down to sleep. As the children were reaching their one thousand years old birthday, the entire Bai Clan was arriving tomorrow for the twins Naming and Transformation Ceremony that was being held at the end of the week. He knew that for the past few days, Xiao Bai had been surreptitiously running to and from the different villas at Bihai Cangling trying to get them ready for all the visitors that were coming, despite his strict instructions to her not to tire herself and to remain at the main villa and let Chonglin deal with all the preparations. The twins, who normally follow their mother around, have been inadvertently reporting her every move to him when he played with them in the afternoons after he finished with the daily reports being sent to him.  Xiao Bai could feel that a scolding was about to come judging from his raised eyebrows and stern expression, so before he could say another word Xiao Bai immediately gave him with an intimate kiss.  Donghua knew that she was trying to distract him to avoid getting lectured about her health.  And also, Donghua knew, that she did it just because she really loved kissing him like he did her. Giving in temporarily, Donghua gave Xiao Bai several long kisses that had both of them moaning with desire. However, before he could completely give in and lose himself in her, Donghua decided that he needed to talk to her first about her propensity to take on more than she should and so with great difficulty, he extricated himself from her tight embrace. To avoid the continued temptation that she offered, he turned her over to massage her back. "You know you're not supposed to do everything yourself. Your cultivation is not yet at 100% and with you taking care of the twins the whole day, you should not be putting on more things on your plate. The servants can easily see to the arrangements.  You know I worry about you, my Xiao Bai."

"I know! I know! But Chonglin has been doing the bulk of the work, I promise! I've only been supervising and putting the finishing touches. So don't worry anymore, all right? Tomorrow I'll just stay in the villa. Ohhh, that feels good Donghua, you really have magic hands. I swear you give the best massages in the Universe." she said sighing blissfully. She was barely listening now to him lecturing her as she concentrated on the feel of his hands as he touched her back and treated her sore muscles.  She didn't want to admit it but she was a little bit tired.

"Oh? You have a point of comparison as to who gives the best massages? Who do I need to kill my Xiao Bai?" Donghua asked tongue in cheek relenting because he knew he wouldn't be able to stay mad at her, plus he knew she wasn't even listening to his instructions anymore.  Xiao Bai turned her face around so she could look at him and promptly stuck her tongue out at him. Looking at her lovely face with her tongue sticking out, Donghua remembered that she had once done the exact same thing when they were in Fanyin Valley before, she had been so delightfully beautiful when she had confronted him after having found out that he, in fact, had not changed himself into the handkerchief that she had been torturing. He remembered how her tails were all flared out making her look adorable even as she berated him for his deceit.  Thinking of those magnificent tails, however, made Donghua immediately feel regretful on behalf of his Xiao Bai for the loss of it.  Although she never said anything and they never talked about it again after they left the caves, he knew her tails haven't grown back and likely never would. Did she mourn the loss of her ability to transform back into her fox form? Even as he asked that question, another sprang to mind, how could she not? He knew that for a Spiritual Fox, that transformation into their natural fox form was as natural as breathing and just as important for them.  These questions have been plaguing his mind now for the past few weeks as the Transformation Ceremony of the twins have been discussed frequently. 

Xiao Bai was looking at him all the while and she saw the way his face transformed from teasing to serious. Misinterpreting the change in his countenance and thinking that he had probably remembered that she spent the whole evening cooking for tomorrow and was about to lecture her again, Xiao Bai quickly decided to forestall it. "Gugu used to massage me a lot but really there's no comparison between your massage and hers because hers were torturous. I remember that whenever I did something wrong when I was younger, Father would punish me by making me kneel down for days at a time to think about my mistakes. After the punishment, Gugu would take pity on me and take me into her room and massage my legs to circulate the blood on it, but sometimes I wish she wouldn't pity me so much as her massages were the worst.  Often, they hurt more than the punishment." she said smiling as she remembered how she felt more bruised after her Gugu's massages. "Ooohhh come to think of it, I have a funny story about that. I remember once telling Uncle Yehua how Gugu gave the best massages in the world. I know he asked her for one that night because the next day he was limping and glaring at me. I pretended I didn't know why he was giving me the stink eye. I knew he wouldn't dare criticize Gugu so he had to suffer through it. Haha!" Xiao Bai was laughing uproariously now recalling her own prank. Donghua laughed with her shaking his head at her cleverness as he could picture Ye Hua's expression.  She was really mischievous.  He hugged her closer to him.  No one in the world can make him laugh and lighten his mood the way she did.