Chapter Four

After 1 year

"High God Zhe Yan, there's been a slight shift in the primordial spirit of Jiu'er.  I just felt it right now." Bai Qian said.  "What do you think it means?  Is she coming back to us?"

"Let me check her vitals first, then I will try to make a small probe into her mind."  Zhe Yan said hurrying to the side of the young Queen.    

Meanwhile, in Bihai Cangling, Donghua slowly opened his eyes as he felt the fullness of his power return to him.  It was strange that his powers came back so fast.  In the past, whenever he faced a huge battle and somehow depleted his powers, it would take hundreds of years in seclusion before he can gain them all back.  The last few percent of strength were the hardest to cultivate back as they required the deepest concentration.  To pull power from nature, Donghua had to empty his mind of everything.  At first, it had been hard for all he can think about was Xiao Bai.  But as he thought of her and how to he needed to be with her to take care of her, it became easier to pull the power out and absorb it into his body.  In no time at all, he felt the familiar surges of power as they imprinted into his consciousness.  He snapped his fingers and immediately, his holographic image appeared in the fox cave.

"How is Xiao Bai?  Is she alright?" the occupants in the fox cave room where Xiao Bai was were shocked at the sudden appearance of Donghua.  So he felt the shift also, concluded Bai Qian and Zhe Yan thinking that it was probably why he was in the fox cave.

"Dijun! Did you feel the shift also?  It just happened a few moments ago.  We don't know what it means yet.  High God Zhe Yan is still trying to check her first.  We are thinking of probing her mind a little to see if we can get anything."  Bai Qian reported immediately.

"A shift where? In her mind?  I did not feel the shift.  I just finished my cultivation so my powers were surging into me.  After that I immediately made use of the time suppression device to talk to you."

"The shift was to her primordial spirit Dijun.  I've been monitoring it constantly since I got here and a few moments ago I felt it move.  The shift was miniscule but I've been continually tethered to Jiu'er so I felt it immediately. We haven't seen any movement in the mind yet. Everything else is stable as when you left."

"How are your powers back so fast Dijun?" Interrupted Zhe Yan.  Because the power of Donghua Dijun was was so vast, for it to be refilled would need a vast amount of cultivation.  A year and he has regained all his powers already?  How was that possible? Being one of the oldest living gods and Dijun's medicine man, he knew full well how long it would take for Dijun to regain back his full power.   Maybe Dijun was mistaken in his haste to come back to Feng Jiu.  But Dijun, the Supreme God of the Universe, would never make a mistake like that.  Would he?

Dijun did not answer.  Preoccupied with the shift in Xiao Bai's primordial spirit.  What did the shift indicate?  

"The shift happened just now?  Right before I appeared here?" Donghua asked.

"Yes, we were about to check on it when you appeared on the scene.  We thought you appeared because of that." Interesting, so the minute Donghua came into his full power, there was a movement in Xiao Bai's spirit.  Does that mean she felt him?  Donghua decided that he will check on Xiao Bai first before he goes to deal with Fate.

"High God Zhe Yan, just make sure she is stable.  Continue to monitor the primordial spirit to see if there are any more changes.  Don't probe her mind, the webs I saw before looked delicate, you might disturb something that should not be disturbed.   I will be there in a few hours.  I just need to cleanse my spirit first.  I will be the one to check on her mind.  In any case, inform Chonglin I need all the texts on primordial spirits to be made available to me when I get back." Donghua closed the channel and disappeared.