Chapter Fifty-One

Avery's POV

We rode to school with the twins who were trying to convince Sawyer to join one of the sports teams they were a part of. Apparently, it was a family tradition for the boys in the family to play sports and Cesco was the only one who wasn't a part of a sports team with Samuele on the track team. The three talked as Quinn snuggled into Sawyer and I ignored them looking out the window.

I refused to think about Viktor even though he'd been messaging me constantly since everything. I knew Nikolai and Quinn were getting closer but I trusted Quinn wouldn't say anything about what happened to him. We arrived at school later than usual so we rushed to class without saying hi to anyone although we originally had plans to meet with Willow and Addison who rode together and claimed to always be at school early.

Classes were easy and I spent my time avoiding Viktor as I stuck to Sawyer's side and Quinn seemed to be in her own world with Nikolai. The two have become hacker buddies and were putting some information-based system together, a new project for her to spend her time and intelligence on. Strangely Sawyer avoided Elliott barely speaking with him but masking it by talking with Willow and Addison. Computer class went the same way as the rest of the day, Sawyer and I worked together while Nikolai and Quinn worked with one another.

I separated from the others and headed to the bathroom after class letting them know I would meet them in the usual place for study hall. I ran into Viktor outside the bathroom and before I could walk around him he grabbed my arm. When I tried to pull away he gave me a look, "We're talking princess."

"Fuck off asshole."

He smirked, "We either talk here or we can go onto the roof but you aren't ignoring me anymore."

"There's nothing to talk about so fuck off."

He rolled his eyes, "We kissed, princess, most people talk about that and I need to apologize for putting you into a position where you ran because of it."

"Fuck you."

He chuckles, "Hm princess interesting statement. What happened when we kissed?"

"Nothing just realized I had no interest in you."

He laughed and came face to face with me, his hold lightened but I didn't break away, "Is that so princess?" He was close, closer than he should be and we both knew it but neither of us moved away. "Cause I don't think it is, I think you like me and hate me you kissed me back then froze up so what happened."

I pull away but he catches me, "Fuck off."

"No, you can't run from this Avery tell me what's going on." His using my name throws me off. To this point, I don't remember him using it. He knew what he was doing, that I was breaking and yet he pushed forward.

"Tell me what happened, I won't judge you because of it but I want to be able to talk to you without," He waved between us, "you avoiding things."

"I'm not avoiding shit."

"Aren't you? Pushing me away the minute we get close, insulting your family, you avoid shit and transfer all your worry into protecting Sawyer and Quinn but what about you. When it is your turn to be happy?"

I glared at him, he had no right to bring up my twins and our relationship, "Fuck you, I am happy."

"Maybe and yet you push away everyone except Quinn and Sawyer every chase you get, princess."

I punched him without thinking, he went too far and no way in hell would I deal with it, "You wanna know why I ran because instead of seeing you when we kissed I saw the guy who raped me so you can fuck off."

I found my way back to the study hall room I got curious looks but gave my twins shrugs a signal that we'd talk about it later.

We finished out our classes with ease although Quinn seemed more on edge towards the end of the day. She didn't tell us anything so it was a guessing game as to what happened.

Viktor's POV

"You know if a mafia finds out about this thing you're doing with Quinn it won't end well right?"

Nikolai just nodded distractedly I sighed and fell back onto his bed waiting for him to talk, "It's fun Vik and the other mafias won't find out, it's mostly to find her mom anyways."

"How is a giant file with information about every mafia and their dealings going to find some long-lost mother?"

He gave me a look and rolled his eyes, "She's curious and we need to understand all the parts of what was happening back then, it's possible there was a threat put out there against her mom, if there was we need to find out which mafia it was from."

"Have you asked Dad or Gavriil?" Our mafias were still allies back then and Dad and our oldest brother were heavily involved with the search after the disappearance.

"No, I asked Grigory if he knew anything but he hasn't gotten back to me." Grigory was our older cousin who has mostly taken over our mafia base in Moscow. He often knew more than most people about this world so it made sense to ask him.

"What do you think happened to them before they came here?" I wouldn't reveal Avery's secrets but my brother wasn't stupid he saw a lot of the same things I did.

"I haven't asked and Quinn hasn't volunteered much about it other than when she talks about their Papi so who knows." I hummed in acknowledgment, "So you and Avery figure things out then? Or was the whole punching you thing a sign she isn't interested?"

"No, I'm working on it." She's hiding things but I would do my best to make her let me in.

"Didn't think I'd see the day you were determined to get a girl who punched you out."

I rolled my eyes at him, "This information thing you're doing how dangerous is it?"

He glanced up from his new obsession, "Right now not very if we keep working on it though," he shrugged. He wasn't amazing at tech and Quinn was clearly better but he had more knowledge in this world than her so if either one of them knew they were playing a dangerous game it was Nikolai. With the two of them working on this they could piss off various major players in the mafia world and yet they treat it like a school project.

Idiots.

--------

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting

New POV featuring Viktor thought it spiced some things up and gave some new insight to things. Let me know if there are any perspectives you would like to see or anything you would like to see in general.

I am working on some bonus chapters but I am also busy with school so bear with me, that being said I also do not know for sure if I will be able to post a chapter next Saturday I will do my best to but I will post an announcement next Saturday to let you know if there will be a chapter or not.

-Lovefire