Chapter Forty-Three

Avery's POV

    I knew something was wrong the minute Quinn walked back into the room I raised a brow at her but she ignored it, "Quinny?"

    "I'm fine," Nikolai gave her a concerned look when she grabbed her laptop and began looking at something.

    "Quinn? What's happening?" Sawyer also knew something was up but kept his voice neutral where Elliott and Viktor were more confused at our concern over her normal emotionless face.

    "I just need to find a teacher really quick."

    "Why do you need to find some teacher, Quinn?" I didn't want to think the worst but something might have happened and she wasn't going to hide it from us.

    "Nothing happened, he was just rude to another kid in the hallway."

    Me and Sawyer examined her for lies as Nikolai looked over her shoulder and the other two boys in the room watched the interaction from the sidelines, "How'd you know he was a teacher?"

    My twin didn't spare a glance at the guy behind her as she answered his question, "Teacher badge and he walked back into a classroom."

    Sawyer and I exchanged a glance as she continued typing but ended up sighing, "He's not on the teacher list."

    "What does that mean?" Elliott spoke up.

    Quinn muttered something under her breath as she refocused on the computer screen and Sawyer turned to Elliott, "Why would a person who wasn't a teacher have a teacher badge and be in a highly private and protected school?"

    "He's not on the security cameras either."

    "Is he on the substitute teacher list?" Elliott timidly spoke up again.

    Quinn shook her head annoyed under her mask and the bell went off ending the free period. Quinn sighed and we all packed up our stuff. I glanced at Viktor who was being oddly quiet as he looked between my twins and I. When I caught his eye I gave him a look and he just shook his head.

    We spent the next few classes covering for Quinn as she continued looking into this fake teacher. "What happened to spark this interest, Quinn?" Sawyer murmured in our last class as her frustration moved up another level.

    "He hit Jayce Coleman in the hallway after they had some argument okay?" I raised a brow at her then nodded. She wasn't one to let something go and she had a big heart. Even though the guy tried to hurt Sawy she would try and help him if she thought it was the right thing to do. Something I both loved and hated about her.

    "We'll find this guy, kay?" She sighed and nodded. Sawyer closed her laptop and we distracted her for the last few minutes of class and once it was over we headed to meet our brothers at the car.

    We got into a car with Angelo and Adriano and our other brothers drove in the other car with Cesco and Samuele whining about sitting in the back or something. "Hey, is there any type of teacher that would work at school but not be a part of the teaching staff or a substitute?"

    Both of the twins glanced back at us confused but shook their heads, "Not that I know of but I don't know for sure. Is something wrong?" Quinn shook her head at Angelo's question lost in thought and the twins exchanged a glance and looked us over doubtfully.

    When we got home Sawyer went off with some of our brothers to workout and Quinn and I headed to our room to hang out without Cesco and Samuele badgering us into playing a game with them or something. A text from Viktor took my focus away from Quinn's investigation as she moved to searching cameras from around the school. Asshole is demanding to meet with me. I texted back no but he insisted and I rolled my eyes.