Chapter Eight

Quinn's POV

    The plane landing was a little rocky but it ended up fine though I think it scared Avery a bit while Sawyer looked a little excited about it. I put my book away, threw my backpack on, and looked at Avery who was moving out of her seat with her backpack. She walked into the aisle because first-class apparently gets off first with Sawyer and I following close behind her.

    "Ok, so we are going to go out at the nearest exit and hope for the best, ok? We also need to text the bio brother to make sure we have enough time to get away." Avery spoke in Spanish and Sawyer and I nodded agreeing with her plan. Sawyer then passed her the phone so she could send the text.

    "Ok, I'm just going to tell him that we landed nothing else."

    "Sounds good." Sawyer agreed again and I nodded, slipping my hand into Sawyer's and sticking close to Avery as we walked looking for an exit.

    Our phone's ring tone went off signaling that we had a text and as Avery looked down to read it someone stumbled into Sawyer which made him tense up and glare at the women who apologized and ran off. Sawyer's glare can be scarier than Avery's sometimes.

    "He's asking us where we are," Avery said looking over to us and then started typing.

    "What are you going to say?" I asked knowing Sawyer was probably still relaxing after the run-in.

    "Just that we aren't sure and to give us a second." I nodded and pulled Sawyer along following Avery who seemed to have found a way to leave.

    "-wyer? Quinn?" I stupidly glance over to where I heard my name called from and see a person that looks like an older Sawyer with blond hair and greenish-blue eyes. When he saw I looked back at me he headed towards us. Avery noticed him and swore under his breath and led us over to him.

    "You guys are Avery, Sawyer, and Quinn right." This was a stupid question but I couldn't tell if the question was genuine or a sort of introduction.

    I just nodded but Avery rolled her eyes and gave this man, well I guess one of our biological brothers, a look. "Well obviously. Who the hell are you." I tensed knowing full well that this muscular guy could beat the crap out of us if he wanted to. His words also seemed to have a hint of an Italian accent to them and while I'm not sure Avery or Sawyer heard it I would bet he knew some Italian and if he spoke it enough to have an accent then I bet the rest of the biological family speaks it as well.

    He narrowed his eyes at her, "I'm your third oldest brother Dante here to pick the three of you up." His eyes seemed to lighten a bit as he looked over the three of us he was about a head taller than Sawyer so he towered over all three of us and I hoped that our other biological brothers weren't all this tall.

    Sawyer looked him up and down then shrugged, "Then let's go."

    He didn't seem to like Sawyer's curt tone but left it alone and turned to lead us out of the exit Avery was probably planning to sneak out of. He was quiet as we walked through the parking lot and led us to a 2019 Jaguar XJ which he unlocked. So Avery was right with the assumption that this family was rich. Though that's not surprising with Avery, she always was able to know things about people that we were never told.

    He let us throw our bags into the trunk and then Avery sat in the passenger seat while Sawyer and I climbed into the back and he got into the driver's seat.

Avery's POV

    We left the parking lot in silence before Sawyer and Quinn began to argue about whether or not Pluto should be a planet or not. I'm not sure where they got that topic from or why but I just ignored them as usual when they argue about something stupid. I caught Dante or whatever giving them a weird look and after a second I realized it was because they were arguing in Russian.

    "You guys know Russian?" It was more of a statement than a question but I nodded.

    While I did not want to tell him too much I also wanted this family to know we already had a family and had no interest in them, "Our Papi taught us Russian when we were little because his parents taught it to him." I left out the other languages but kept my tone friendly enough. I was not interested in an argument at the moment my only focus was finding a way to get my twins and I out of this mess.

    He glanced over at me, "Your adoptive father you mean."

    That pissed me off he was the one who raised us, "No you abominable fuck yeti, I mean our father our Papi the man who raised us and loved us."

He glared at me, "Watch your tone and language piccolina. He was your adoptive father, our father is Alessandro Accetta." My twins narrowed their eyes but like me did not show how much that pissed us off. He also seemed to expect some type of respect from us which I can guarantee he was not going to get. His calling me piccolina also told me that he and his family was Italian. (piccolina means little one)

"Dimitri Simmons is my twins and my father, not Alessandro. Papi raised us this Alessandro did not."

This seemed to piss him off even more and while his face didn't show it his body tensed a bit and he sped up. We all sat in silence until he drove into a super-wealthy area and drove to the end of the long street lined with expensive houses and cars. He pulled into a driveway they had a gate that opened as he drove forward letting us in. After a minute of driving on the driveway, a huge mansion came into view and I started to think I underestimated how rich these people really were.