Chapter Thirty-Nine

Avery's POV

The minute the older boys walked into the kitchen it became obvious that they were still pissed at us from last night. It wasn't our fault in all fairness considering their past transgressions led to whatever they were yelled at for. However, if they wanted to be childish and give us glares and silent treatment then that was fine by us compared to other anger we have experienced it was nothing. It was also hard to focus on the older five when Cesco and Samuele were both bothering us about joining some clubs or meeting their friends.

For the most part, we tuned everyone out and for once Remo or one of the other adults were not around to bother us about eating breakfast or be dramatic about us doing something as mundane as going to school. The older boys walked out of the kitchen together claiming they forgot something or other. I knew it was a lie but at the same time, I was too tired to deal with it. Quinn had a nightmare pretty early into the night so we all stayed up late talking and such to distract her and then later in the night I had a nightmare so I ended up not sleeping much at all.

Once it was time for leave I told Cesco to go find the older boys so we could leave. The three of us and Samuele grabbed our bags and headed to the garage while Cesco searched. However, when I walked into the garage and saw the cars that were apparently the twins gone I rolled my eyes knowing they left without us. A second later Cesco walked into the garage, "What the everlasting brownies!"

I raised a brow at him but shrugged him off, "It seems they want us to get in trouble for ditching school."

While the three of us weren't fazed by the new circumstances Cesco attempted to act tough and wanted to 'bring them to justice' and Samuele became his sidekick in the show. As my twins watched Cesco brag about what he was going to do to clear our names or something and Samuele agreeing along with the whole thing I grabbed the keys to another car we could probably figure out how to drive. While they mostly owned fancy sports cars and we were more used to driving beat-up cars that were mostly falling apart in one way or another they had one or two cars that were more commonplace, a middle ground for us.

I tossed the keys to Sawyer knowing I was probably too tired to drive, especially a new car and Quinn may have a panic attack if Cesco badgers her while she drives a car she isn't comfortable in. He caught the keys easily and we headed to the car ignoring our two companions as they ceased talking about their non-existent heroic story to stare at us.

"Um, what are you doing?"

I turned to my cousin with a smile, "Going to school." While we had no quarrels with skipping school and will most likely skip in the future if the other boys think we would let them win then they were mistaken.

Cesco cheered and Samuele slowly followed, "Are you sure this is safe?"

Sawyer shrugged, "We know how to drive." The real question was why neither of them knew Cesco apparently had a habit of crashing cars but Samuele seemed cautious enough.

"Yeah, but won't we just get into trouble?" Somehow in less than a minute, he went from playing sidekick to superman to timid.

I shrugged, "For one we would get in trouble if we miss school, and two who said we're going to get caught?"

Samuele still seemed conflicted but got into the car and Sawyer started the drive to school with little difficulty. "You need to teach me how to drive! Please please please." Cesco begged with earnest as Samuele seemed to sympathize with him and the three of us gave him deadpanned looks.

"We aren't interested in being accomplices to another of your car crashes."

He stared at me as if I announced I was magical, "How'd you know about tha-" He then cut himself off attempting to appear confident. "Those only happened because of um," he glanced at Samuele, "certain circumstances."