Chapter Twenty-One

Quinn's POV

    I hated lying. I hated that I hated the police now. Everything is a mess. Sawyer is worried about me and Avery is worried about all of us. I hated being the burden. I didn't want to tell the police anything so I didn't talk to them. I felt bad at the woman's upset face but I couldn't tell them anything. I wouldn't. It's better this way. Avery will handle it. I know she will.

    We headed out of the station Sawyer and I followed Avery who followed after everyone else slowly putting space between us and them. She glanced at us and I gave her a small smile to tell her I was okay. I knew she and Sawyer both took this hard too but they wouldn't let me know that themselves.

    We got into the car wordlessly and Leonardo said that we would stop at the hotel. I laid my head on Sawyer's shoulder and he put his arm around me and Avery held my hand. I just wanted to leave and be alone with them. I was ruined and they were the only ones who didn't care. They knew me and they loved me. I didn't need anyone else and I hated the fact that I was starting to trust Remo and Francesco a little.

    We got to the hotel in what seemed like seconds and everyone began to hop out of the car and head into the hotel. We followed but Leonardo and Remo sandwiched us in the middle of the group waiting for us to walk so they would follow. I know Avery rolled her eyes at that but I mentally shrugged it off. This hotel had 20 floors and was the most expensive hotel in this city and screamed money. While I couldn't mentally calculate exactly how much this hotel would cost to run I would bet it was in the high thousands and this family-owned more hotels just like this one.

    When we got to the penthouse Avery led us towards our room but Dante stopped us, "Where are we going to go?"

    Avery stalled to hear the conversation and Sawyer and I followed suit, "There are a couple of places we could go. Hey, triplets? Where do you want to go explore today?"

    Avery shrugged at Leonardo's question, "We aren't going to go."

    "But-" Leonardo seemed conflicted with our answer.

    "We're going to go rest," Avery cut him off, and with that, we headed into our room.

    Once Sawyer closed the door Avery flopped onto the bed and Sawyer and I laid on either side of her. "What do we do?"

    I took my eyes off the ceiling and looked over at Avery, "How much do they know?"

    "Well they know about the murder obviously and the drugs and apparently he had ties to a drug trafficking ring so that too," Avery confirmed that the police asked us the same questions.

    "So basically everything except the abuse?" Sawyer concluded.

    "Yeah, what did you guys say to them?"

    "I didn't say anything just nodded sometimes," Avery raised a brow at me but ended up shrugging it off.

    "I just said what we agreed on. That we walked into him killing her and we don't know anything else."

    Avery nodded lost in thought, "Will we have to testify?"

    Sawyer nodded with a scowl, "In most of the podcasts I listen to they have the eyewitnesses testify to what they saw. Something about a jury believing something more if there's a witness. And we witnessed a lot of shit they did."

    Avery nodded and my stomach twisted. I didn't ever want to see him again and now we probably had to go up there and face him down. I couldn't do that. Sawyer and Avery might be able to but I wasn't strong enough. I wasn't like them. I never fought back. Not against them not against the bullies at school. I never fought back. I couldn't. I just couldn't.