Chapter Forty-Eight

Avery's POV

    I felt her absence before I even woke up, I shot out of bed and searched the room hoping she was in the bathroom or the closet. I knew she wasn't and I felt my breathing speed up as that fear was concerned. I saw Sawyer tossing and turning in his sleep as I left the room. She was gone, they took her.

    I rushed out of the room, I just needed to get to her. I ran down the stairs and stumbled into Him. I felt arms around me and I knew he was done with Quinn and was ready to move on to us. I fought trying to get free and get to Quinn but my arms were pinned softly as I struggled. I heard a voice and I tried to push away even more as my vision blurred. He moved me as I tried to pull away and he pushed me down. I felt his hand in my hair brushing it softly, rubbing my back. After a while, I began to hear his voice. It wasn't Jacob.

    I tried to push away from Alessandro and he loosened his hold but still held onto me, "Breath baby girl, what's wrong?"

    I shook my head and pulled away but he grabbed me again, "I need to find Quinn, now they took her."

    "No one took her tesoro."

    I shook my head but he kept hushing me, "She's with Leonardo and Octavio in Leo's office she's okay no one has her."

    I shook my head. I knew they took her, "They always take her she was taken and I need to get her. Let me go."

    "Shh baby, I'll take you to her no one took her and no one is hurting her okay. She's safe and so are you, take a breath sweetheart." He rocked us as he repeated that she was safe waiting for my breathing to calm. He wiped the tears off my face gently moving slowly as if scared to move any faster.

    "I need to see her, she needs to be safe. She was never safe. We would fall asleep and they would take her and then come get us. I need to see her."

    He nodded and lifted me but I didn't care as he walked to the office. I needed to see her. When he opened the door softly Octavio was asleep on the couch and Leonardo was typing with one hand as he kept Quinn secure in his lap with the other. "See baby, she's safe, let's get you two back to bed before Sawyer comes looking for you both." I nodded and Leonardo looked over me concerned.

    "I'm sorry neonata, I was going to take her back to bed once I finished this email."

I nodded at him, "Is she okay?"

He looked confused but after looking up at Alessandro he nodded, "She's fine, just tired, she needs to sleep."

I nodded scanning her sleeping self to reassure myself she was okay. Leonardo closed what he was doing and stood carefully as he held onto Quinn who whined at the movement but soon settled back snuggling into his chest. They easily carried us to our room and put us into the bed gently next to Sawyer who immediately clung back on to Quinn. Leonardo left after kissing Quinn's forehead and wishing me goodnight but dad stayed sitting on the bed brushing his hand through my hair, "What did you think happened when you woke up?"

I stayed silent for a while then leaned into his touch, "They used to force us to stay awake for a long amount of time with lots of caffeine and other things then when we finally allowed us to sleep they'd take her."

"That will never happen here okay baby, no one will hurt you anymore okay?"

I shook my head, "Don't make promises you don't know if you can keep."

    He stayed quiet for a while just continuing to brush my hair, "Okay baby girl."

    He stayed there until I fell asleep again.

Sawyer's POV

    I kissed him like they made me kiss them. I felt his hands on me guiding me. Then he was kissing me and taking me into his mouth. I did the same things they did to me to him.

     I pushed him away, pulling myself away. I wanted the same things they did. I saw Elliott's hurt and pained face and I knew I was just like those monsters.

    Avery shook me awake and I opened my eyes to a smiling Quinn and Avery who smacked me with a pillow again. Their laughter just reminded me that I was a monster and I didn't deserve them. I hurt people, Adriano said so I have no control just like them.

    "What's wrong, Sawy?"

    I shook my head, "Nothing."

    They didn't believe me but I walked off to the bathroom before they could continue their interrogation.

------

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting

Sorry for the short chapter but I've been super busy and am taking the ACT again today (Saturday) so I have to study. I don't love the chapter but let me know what you think

Also, I am planning on changing book covers so let me know if you have any suggestions I just don't really like the cover all that much anymore

-Lovefire

P.S. Like everyone else school is killing me