Chapter Forty-Six

Avery's POV

I woke up to find Quinn typing away on her computer and I pushed myself up and gave her a look knowing she has been awake for a while. "Quinny, why are you up?"

She shrugged and pushed some hair out of her face not looking at me, "Couldn't sleep."

I debated questioning her more but chose to wake Sawyer up instead I shake him awake and he lazily pushes me away and hides his head under his pillow. Quinn laughed and I rolled my eyes and let him sleep a while longer as I headed to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

I left the bathroom to find my twins in the same position as I left them. I rolled my eyes again and pulled out my phone. I ignored all the messages from Viktor but opened the text from Addison asking when we would want to go shopping. I didn't answer her and tossed the phone down. I curled up with Sawyer who only groaned and pulled me closer. It was still early so there was no rush to head downstairs especially because it was a weekend. The other teenagers in the family would most likely not be up until after noon and most of the adults would either be working or doing their own thing giving the three of us some freedom to do what we wanted in the morning.

I could confront Quinn on why she wasn't sleeping but I knew she wouldn't give a straight answer so I let it be for the moment instead of choosing to watch her focus on her laptop creating a new program. After a while, Sawyer got up and headed into the bathroom and once he was back Quinn headed in. Sawyer collapsed back onto the bed and snuggled with me as we waited for Quinn.

"So, what's your favorite-" he paused for a second, "tree."

I raised a brow at him then shook my head amused, "Redwood."

He hummed, "To survive would you rather have a hat or an um hanger."

I shrugged, "A hanger I guess."

He continued asking strange questions, wasting time as Quinn took her time in the bathroom. Once she came back Sawyer jumped up and picked her up and tossed her on the bed making her pout at him through the hair that messily covered her face as he laughed. I pushed the two of them out of the room and we headed for the kitchen. Quinn pulled Sawyer's arm over her shoulders and snuggled up to him as we walked and he gave me a look knowing the same thing I did. She wasn't sleeping but didn't want to worry us so she hasn't woken either of us up or told us.

We found Dante, Leonardo, Ottavio, and Alessandro all in the kitchen talking in Italian about the mafia. It was nothing interesting but they stopped talking and greeted us but it seemed they were all distracted about something so we managed to avoid most of their attention as Quinn made us coffee. The four adults discussed boring business logistics so we ignored them making faces at one another as we got our daily dose of caffeine. As we were leaving we passed Remo, Luca, and Luigi walking who looked as if they didn't sleep at all and they were yet to change out of their apparent pj's of animal onesies.

Once we were past them and they were in the kitchen Quinn began to giggle softly making us all laugh. I led us upstairs and to Cesco's room knowing both Cesco and Samuele would be sleeping there. My twins seemed to be confused about what my plan was but followed me.

The two were both asleep, Cesco was half on the bed half off it snuggling a stuffed octopus Samuele was curled up in a ball with a stuffed monkey. I tilted my head at the two and then spotted the air horn with slight modifications. I made sure it wouldn't blare too loudly once I was satisfied I hit the button on it.

Cesco woke up and fell off the bed but Samuele didn't even stir. Cesco stared at us bewildered, "Dreams that aren't of ice cream aren't very fun."

"Cesco, you aren't dreaming."

His eyes widened and he stared at us. I rolled my eyes, "Look the other day Sawyer didn't mean to hurt you or anything so are we good."

He stared at us and then beamed and pushed himself up hugging me, "Omg! You do love us! This is the best day of my life!"

He continued to jump around and rambling as we stared at him. He somehow managed to wake Samuele who looked at us all confused.

-------

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting

Sorry for the short chapter this week but I have just started school so I am getting used to my new schedule

I think I am going to start writing bonus/side chapters soon for some of the suggestions I have gotten but I can't fit into the plot so far I have Quinny and Avery having their periods and the triplets waking Cesco up in the middle of the night staring at him. So let me know if there is anything else you want to see. (These chapters won't count as the posts on Saturdays so these chapters will just be posted when I am done with them)

Feel free to message me if you want

-Lovefire