Chapter Forty-Five

Sawyer's POV

Avery woke us up today by attacking us with pillows leading Quinn to end up tangled in blankets half asleep and Avery and I wrestling over a pillow. After a few minutes, I won and attacked her until she called a truce, I let her go and she headed off to the bathroom. I peered over the bed to check on Quinn and shook her awake and she glared at me before looking around confused.

I answered her unasked question, "Avery attacked us with a pillow and you ended up on the floor, are you okay?"

She nodded and I helped her up pulling the blankets off her getting her untangled and she mumbled her thanks. "Sit Quinny, I'll do your hair." Unlike most days her hair was a tangled mess and it would take her a while to tame it.

"M'kay," She sat on the bed and I moved behind her and worked on brushing her hair out gently and felt her doze off again. I let her doze and once her hair was untangled I put it into two dutch braids I knew she would like and Avery came back from the bathroom. Avery gave me a smile and I rolled my eyes as I shook Quinn lightly for her to wake up again. She whined but Avery pulled her up and pushed her into the closet for her to change and I headed into the bathroom to do the same.

Once the three of us were ready we headed downstairs, only dad and Dante were in the kitchen when we came in. Dante ignored us completely but Dad kissed Quinn on the forehead and tried to do the same but sat back down and said good morning when Avery gave him a look. Uncle Orlando and Ottavio walked in with Remo, Luca, and Luigi on their tail as Quinn started the coffee. Remo cut the caffeine in half when Quinn went to add it and she pouted a bit before continuing. I shared a look with Avery knowing Quinn was trying to hide the fact she wasn't sleeping again from us.

Leo came in as Quinn gave Avery and me our coffee and he looked more tired than usual wordlessly Quinn handed him her mug and poured another. Today Dante made no move to steal any coffee, apparently learning from the last time he did. Remo left the room grumbling about waking the others up and Luca and Luigi bothered us to eat breakfast until Avery told them to fuck off leading to Dad and Orlando telling her not to cuss and Remo returning with the rest of the boys behind him. They were all yelled at for staying up late playing video games and the three of us avoided attention from the adults until we were all ushered off to school.

Classes were boring as we did catch up on work and the work we were assigned ignoring the teachers' lectures. At lunch, I talked to Willow, Addison, and Elliott about different movies and they mostly Willow and Addison insisted on movies I needed to watch. When we were about to leave, Elliott asked to talk to me and I agreed, telling everyone we would catch up with them and signaled to my twins that I would be fine.

Once the others headed off his cheeks turned red-tinted as he avoided looking at me, "Um instead of our usual place for study hall can you um meet me somewhere else."

Unsure of what he was asking, I raised my eyebrow, "Sure I guess, where?"

He gave me an uneasy smile, "The- uh," he clears his throat, "janitor's closet near the math classes."

I gave him a curious look but agreed and we raced off to our classes. I made it to my classroom just as the bell rang and the teacher gave me a nasty look and I rolled my eyes. Avery whispers over my shoulder, "What does Elliott want, Sawy bean?"

I shrugged, "Just wanted to meet up somewhere else today for study hall, it's probably just for the book." Avery hummed and went back to talking with Willow but Quinn gave me a weird look. I sent a questioning one back and she shook her head and went back to working with Nikolai.