Chapter Five

Alessandro's POV

    I followed my two sons out of the meeting happy with the agreement we came to. I checked the time on my phone and replied to my second oldest son's text telling him we were about to head home for dinner with the family. He left early today to deal with one of my twin sons who got into a fight at school today. We made our way out of our main office building soon after. Leonardo, my oldest son, and I stopped to grab some files from our offices. While we did this Dante headed to his car he drove from the hospital we own to come to the meeting today. Leonardo and I both got in our car and followed Dante soon after.

    I expected the twins and my youngest sons to be messing around with one another and Remo to have gotten dinner ready for our nightly family dinner as usual when he gets home from work early. So walking into the house with Remo yelling at my younger sons was not too surprising. Leonardo called out that we were home and it was time for dinner and my youngest sons sighed but headed to the dining room with Dante going to help Remo get the food. Leonardo and I stopped in our offices to drop off our work files and followed everyone to the table.

    All of us ate quietly after some small talk about how everyone's days were and Leonardo and I asking Adriano about the fight today. Remo filled us in on his punishment and Angelo and Francesco smirked at him for getting grounded yet again.

    My mind was on how we can improve the business and the successful business meeting today when my phone began to ring. I pulled my phone out and answered it in case it was important.

    "This is Alessandro Accetta who is this." All of my sons' eyes were on me as I spoke.

    "Hello Mr. Accetta, this is Melinda Wilson from social services in Nevada. Is this a good time to talk?"

    "Social services, what is this concerning? And yes I can talk right now." If my sons weren't paying attention they were now all wondering why social services are calling me.

    "Ok well, this is concerning your youngest children. They were brought into a local police station today after their mother was killed." I was confused but kept my face blank knowing this was some kind of mistake.

    "I apologize Ms. Wilson but I believe you have the wrong number my sons are all with me right now and my wife and their mother left us years ago." My sons tensed at the mention of their mother.

    "Well Mr. Accetta, we took their DNA to see if we could find any relatives and they came up as your children and your son Leonardo's siblings so we are sure they are related to the two of you. They are 15 and claim they are adopted but we haven't been able to locate any documents proving this." This just confused me more.

    "What are their names?" All my sons were listening closely trying to find out what was going on.

    "Avery, Sawyer, and Quinn. Avery and Quinn are your daughters and Sawyer is your son." Part of me was filled with happiness. I have always wanted a daughter and I also wanted more children but when the love of my life left all those hopes left too. The other part of me was filled with doubt. We looked for my wife for a year before deciding that she did not want to be found so we should have found these triplets during the search and we didn't. If I knew I had kids out there I would have never stopped looking for her or them.

    "Are you sure that these triplets are my children?" All my kids had a different reaction to that. Leonardo and Dante looked interested but a little conflicted probably because they wanted to protect their possible new siblings from the life we live. Francesco and Remo both looked overjoyed with the news of possibly having more siblings. Out of the twins Adriano looked angry which wasn't new and Angelo looked confused.

"Yes sir, we are calling you because right now they have no guardian and you could take custody of the three or they will be going into the foster care system here."

I was quiet. Taking them in can put them into danger but I was not going to let any kids of mine be put into foster care. "I will take them in. Can you please send me all the necessary paperwork please?" After giving her all the needed information we said goodbye and hung up. 

My sons were all waiting quietly for me to get off the phone before they stated their opinions. Before they could start I cut in. "Remo they are sending us all the information about the triplets I need you to go through the files and organize their travel plans please." He nodded looking excited to be able to help bring his new siblings here.

"Are you a serious dad? It's too dangerous here for some random kids to come here. They would be better somewhere else."

"They are your little siblings Adriano and if I don't take them then they will go into foster care."

"Are we sure they are actually our siblings and not random kids?" Leonardo asked.

I nodded, "They did a DNA test and they match yours and my DNA. They are my kids and your siblings." Leonardo nodded this accepting my choice of taking them in.

"What are their names and are they boys or girls?" I knew Francesco would be excited about not being the youngest anymore.

"Avery, Sawyer, and Quinn. Avery and Quinn are your sisters and Sawyer is your brother." We were all done with dinner so we headed into the living room to discuss more. I could tell all my sons were excited to have little sisters and a little brother.

Remo pulled out his laptop so we could look through their files. He already worked on their travel plans on his phone earlier when we were finishing dinner. He glanced through the first page that had their full names Avery Adelina Simmons, Sawyer Antonio Simmons, and Quinn Arabella Simmons. "All three middle names are names I discussed with your mother over the years." My sons looked shocked at the news but processed it quietly.

Remo continued to look through the file then froze, "Did the social services person tell you what happened with their parents?" I shook my head, "Well it says here that they walked into their stepfather killing their adoptive mother. It says they are believed to be in shock and they couldn't tell the police anything to help with the investigation."

I was shocked and upset that my youngest kids should have never seen that. They were only 15. They should've always lived with us where they could be treasured. My sons all seemed to feel the same and we all left the living room to head to our offices or bedrooms.

The one thing I couldn't help to wonder was what happened to my wife. She loved her kids and I am surprised she would've given her kids up for adoption under any circumstance but I guess she did what she thought was best.