"You don't deserve me. You never deserved me—you're a liar. Get the hell out of the elevator and leave me alone!" I yelled at him. He shook his head, reaching for me he grabbed my shoulders trying to hug me.

Shoving him away from me I gave him a look of disgust. "Do you not hear me? Do you know what you did to me? Now you want me to hear you out? Fuck off. Get out, I don't ever want to see you again." I pointed at the elevator opening, which was still stuck open.

However, Rob Day was now charging towards the open elevator doors.

"Sloane, you need to calm down—" I cut off Rob.

"And you need to go suck a fucking dick you piece of shit. You call yourself a father? You call yourself a role model? You call yourself a vice president? Well, you're such an outstanding person. Trying to ruin an innocent girl like this—you're nothing Rob Day. Absolutely nothing, you're a piece of scum on the New York City sidewalk." I spat out my hatred to him, jabbing my finger into his chest.

Facing Blake again, he gave me a look of desperation.

I shook my head at him and no matter how hard I tried to hold it together, I couldn't. My entire chin was quivering as I tried to see through my tears. "Don't you think you've done enough to me? Don't you? Please, if you have any heart in that cold—dehumanizing body of yours—you would just leave me alone." I whispered.

It was silent as Blake looked up to the lights in the elevator, nodding for a moment. I watched as his Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed. I wiped my tears with my sleeve as he took a step to the side.

Looking me in the eyes before he let the elevator doors close, I watched as a tear slipped down his cheek.

Don't try to pretend like you feel bad now.

"There is nothing else—nobody else in this world that has ever made me feel love like you did. I love you and we will get through this—" The elevators closed, cutting him and his lies off.

Sick fucking political advancing lies.

Falling to the ground, I tucked my knees into my chest gasping for air. Trying to get deep breaths in and out of my lungs. My lungs provided oxygen to my brain. My lungs provided oxygen to my blood—my blood that laid around my broken heart.

I covered my face with my hands as I let out a cry.

Why.

Just fucking why.

The elevator doors opened to the floor that I was staying on, slowly, I heaved myself upwards. I lazily walked towards my door—placing the key in front of the lock, I entered. The last time I was here, he had only tried to break up with me.

Oh, how the story changed so fast.

Tearing apart the makeshift suit, I found my journal. Grabbing a pen, I exited the room like a bat out of hell. I need to leave the place where I left my heart. I needed to find a place, a safe place to collect my thoughts—or to write down my thoughts.

Instead of taking the elevator, I walked down all of the stairs wanting to feel the burn of my legs and my lungs.

I probably looked like a fucking hooker walking up billionaires roe. I was literally wearing a shirt long enough to be a dress, I finally had put some shoes on, but mascara was smeared down my cheeks and I probably still had Blake's cum in my underwear.

I was a dirty—used— destroyed—whore.

Choking out another sob, I sprinted down the road to central park. Even the pigeons were giving me weird looks as I ran like a bat straight out of hell. But I was running out of hell—I was trying to find heaven—to seek the peace that he once gave me.