Akko x Male Reader: Never Abandon You Two

Future AU

Summary: It has been years since Akko achieved her dreams and became a worldwide phenomenon, she couldn't thank the help she had throughout the years enough. Especially from you, her dutiful husband. Sadly thanks can only go so far when you are separated from your wife constantly thanks towards her tours around the world, something neither you or your mutual baby is happy with, but you don't want to ruin what has been her dream. One particular restless night where your child can't sleep thanks to a missing parent an unexpected guest arrives...and decides to make a change.

Word Count: 2,1k

~

Your eyes slowly opened as high-pitched crying rang throughout the house, no doubt it was your baby of one year and a month being upset again. Standing up from the double bed you looked next to where you were laying to see the empty unused spot, no doubt the missing person was the reason your daughter was crying her heart out.

But she wasn't here, hasn't been for months. And waiting for her wouldn't be a solution, looking at the kempt spot of the bed one last time made you let out a sad sigh before you left the master bedroom. The walk not long before you arrived in your baby's colorful room clad in the darkness of the night, the full moon being your only source of light.

"There there..." You began as you neared the crib where your daughter was weeping at, her cries becoming softer once you picked her up and cradled her. "Mam-Mama!" She begged in a choked voice, spent from crying so much. "Not yet, Suki, mommy is not home yet..." Suki was not pleased at all with your words and began to cry harder than before.

"Mama! Mama!" She would scream between sobs even as you tried to calm her down, a daily process that could take a good hour or two before she would go back to sleep. You understood where she came from, Akko had such a wonderful way of treating Suki it pleasantly surprised you both when one day she began to happily say mama whenever your wife was near. Up until now, it's the only word she has learned, especially after she hadn't seen mama for months.

"Come now Suki, mama will be back very soon. Her big tour is almost over and tomorrow she'll be on tv again, isn't that cool?" You said while smiling at Suki, quite eager yourself to see your wife even if it was on a flat-screen. The two of you got a habit of being stuck on the tv whenever one of her shows was on.

Suki's cries became softer as you picked up one of her many plushies-specifically the one of her mama in one of her funny animal transformations. "Always remember that mama is with you, whether in person or spiritually..." With her big ruby eyes mirroring your wife's your daughter looked confused at your big words before you cracked a smile. "...Or as a big-eared elephant." On cue you playfully shoved the elephant plushie into your daughter's face, small laughs coming out of her as she happily took the big stuffed animal from you.

She gripped the toy tight, a longing look appearing on her face as her laughs disappeared. "Mama..." She cried out as she gripped the elephant tighter, small tears slowly beginning to fall out of her eyes. "Yeah, Suki...I miss her too." You said somberly while lightly patting Suki on her back. "Just two more months, that's like 60 naps...no that number is too big for you, how do I put this?" You pondered, not noticing the clacking of shoes against the floor.

Your eyes widened as a deeply familiar voice spoke "How about zero?" Turning around you came face-to-face with Akko, Atsuko Kagari, world-renowned performer...your wife...and the mother of Suki. "A-Akko..." You blurted out, not believing what you were seeing. "MAMA!" Suki shouted while dropping the elephant plushie from joy, getting giddy as your wife swooped in and took Suki into her arms-all while still dressed in her performer's outfit.